Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

BHI & 'The Nuclear Promise'...as it applies to contractor training

<< < (3/4) > >>

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: peteshonkwiler on Jun 11, 2020, 11:28 ---Not knowing why you "ran afoul of the plant's new COVID protocol" and were at the motel. Everything I've read on the NPPs approach to people who tested positive was that they were being paid 8hrs/day.

Regardless, welcome to the New Normal at the NPP and the Nuclear Promise.😏

--- End quote ---

Yeah, your 'New Normal' is the reason I hadn't swung a meter in a commercial plant in almost 10 years. There are definitely better long-term options out there.

peteshonkwiler:

--- Quote from: UncaBuffalo on Jun 13, 2020, 01:52 ---Yeah, your 'New Normal' is the reason I hadn't swung a meter in a commercial plant in almost 10 years. There are definitely better long-term options out there.

--- End quote ---
Not MY New Normal, sir.

UncaBuffalo:
Just got an email from BHI/NANTel that they will be making some continuing training mandatory (and unpaid, if you aren't already onsite) starting in 2021?

"Beginning in January 2021, your position qualification will be suspended until this course is completed, even if you are assigned to a site at that time.  . The course should only take three to four hours to complete.  You can complete this course at home or during a work assignment."

Sorry about the weird formatting...was having a hard time with the legibility of my cut-and-paste from the email.

peteshonkwiler:
Did they say what the training was?

UncaBuffalo:
Yeah. It was the 2020 Continuing Training Course for RP  Supplemental Technicians.

Hmmm...now that I read it from that standpoint, maybe it is saying that THIS course needs to be completed by 2021...and they already had other courses they were hoping you would complete on your own time? I had originally read it as meaning 'mandatory' training-on-your-own-time wouldn't be official BHI policy until next January, but...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version