Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

BHI & 'The Nuclear Promise'...as it applies to contractor training

<< < (2/4) > >>

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: scotoma on Jun 10, 2020, 08:54 ---Each state has their own labor laws. I have noticed that there are several job postings that have training as a requiement for employment. Ask the questions up front, so you don't get a surprise.

--- End quote ---

I must not have given enough information.

The recruiter and I both understood what was expected of me when I hired on. However, after I reported, the utility changed their COVID protocol. At that point, since I ran afoul of the new protocol, I was not allowed to be on-site for about a week.

The utility then pressured the site coordinator to have me complete a bunch of training at the hotel. A higher level Bartlett supervisor ended up quoting 'The Nuclear Promise' as justification for them expecting me to accept that this training, which everyone originally agreed I would be paid to do, should now be completed unpaid.

I am just trying to get a feel for whether Bartlett as a whole has started catering to the utilities' desire to cut the budget (AKA 'The Nuclear Promise') to the point that the rent-a-techs are bearing a unfair burden?

retired nuke:
Aaaand, this is why I am happier making $20/hr driving an oil delivery truck than working in nuclear.
Sorry y.ou guys still have to go thru this - but it's supply and demand - more workers than work, fewer plants every year. Get the heck off this gerbil wheel and do something else. Money does not equal happy

peteshonkwiler:

--- Quote from: UncaBuffalo on Jun 11, 2020, 01:21 ---I must not have given enough information.

The recruiter and I both understood what was expected of me when I hired on. However, after I reported, the utility changed their COVID protocol. At that point, since I ran afoul of the new protocol, I was not allowed to be on-site for about a week.

The utility then pressured the site coordinator to have me complete a bunch of training at the hotel. A higher level Bartlett supervisor ended up quoting 'The Nuclear Promise' as justification for them expecting me to accept that this training, which everyone originally agreed I would be paid to do, should now be completed unpaid.

I am just trying to get a feel for whether Bartlett as a whole has started catering to the utilities' desire to cut the budget (AKA 'The Nuclear Promise') to the point that the rent-a-techs are bearing a unfair burden?

--- End quote ---
Why weren't you being paid to be at the motel for the Coronavirus?
If you were paid there, why is the training pay a problem?

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: peteshonkwiler on Jun 11, 2020, 03:04 ---Why weren't you being paid to be at the motel for the Coronavirus?
If you were paid there, why is the training pay a problem?

--- End quote ---

The in-depth story behind all that is over here: https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,46899.msg211009.html#msg211009

The short story is...I was not being paid.

peteshonkwiler:
Not knowing why you "ran afoul of the plant's new COVID protocol" and were at the motel. Everything I've read on the NPPs approach to people who tested positive was that they were being paid 8hrs/day.

Regardless, welcome to the New Normal at the NPP and the Nuclear Promise.😏

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version