Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu How to sue Bartlett and WIN!

Poll

Best Option for Beating Bartlett

Small Claims Court - No Lawyer
0 (0%)
Full-On No-Holds-Barred Litigation
0 (0%)
Discuss like civilized people (note: Bartlett OPS not replying to emails, so...?)
2 (100%)
Just eat the money they owe me and save myself the stress.
0 (0%)
Other? Please explain any 'other' option. THANKS!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: How to sue Bartlett and WIN!  (Read 3775 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
How to sue Bartlett and WIN!
« on: Jun 11, 2020, 01:52 »
So...Bartlett owes me travel pay and I am not even getting a reply from anyone on the OPS side. At this point, I have to decide if it's worth taking them to court? Anyone have any experience successfully (or not) suing a former employer?

Thanks!
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Re: How to sue Bartlett and WIN!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2020, 03:33 »
89-90 timeframe at a plant in the mid west. A Radiological Company lost the contract and local representatives beat feet back to Georgia. Upon attempting to cash paychecks, 25-30 technicians got the NSF result. Upon looking into the matter, local law enforcement said yes indeed they are check kiters. Due to the state to state regulations however, would be many man-hrs. to pursue and the amount in question didnt meet the LLD. That meant legal action and as far as I know, nobody followed up. Ironically the Pear company got the new contract. I became a house tech. to honor the event.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2020, 04:38 by fiveeleven »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2020, 11:13 »
fiveeleven
"A Radiological Company "...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2020, 11:37 »
So...Bartlett owes me travel pay and I am not even getting a reply from anyone on the OPS side. At this point, I have to decide if it's worth taking them to court? Anyone have any experience successfully (or not) suing a former employer?

Thanks!
theirs a law firm advertising on linked inn for suing b.h.i.  his ads are fore unpaid o.t. he mite bee interested inn yore situation.

josephson dunlap, llp, of houston, texas.

andrew w. dunlap
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2020, 11:38 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2020, 01:35 »
theirs a law firm advertising on linked inn for suing b.h.i.  his ads are fore unpaid o.t. he mite bee interested inn yore situation.

josephson dunlap, llp, of houston, texas.

andrew w. dunlap

Thanks! I have a lawyer that I have used previously and will give her first crack at it, should I decide litigation is the route to go. If she doesn't think it's worth her time, I will contact Mr. Dunlap.

We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2020, 05:05 »

There have been people that have sued Bartlett and won.  Then later, they were were upset when Bartlett wouldn't rehire them.  If you decide to bite the hand that feeds you, make sure you are done feeding from that hand.

I have been promised one pay arrangement, then given a different (lower) arrangement when I arrived. -- I never complained, and I kept working.  That's just me.

BHI isn't the same as the old Bartlett, but just be sure that if you sue them, you don't expect them to ever hire you again.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2020, 12:12 »
The old Blacklist sans James Spader.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2020, 01:45 »
There have been people that have sued Bartlett and won.  Then later, they were were upset when Bartlett wouldn't rehire them.  If you decide to bite the hand that feeds you, make sure you are done feeding from that hand.

I have been promised one pay arrangement, then given a different (lower) arrangement when I arrived. -- I never complained, and I kept working.  That's just me.

BHI isn't the same as the old Bartlett, but just be sure that if you sue them, you don't expect them to ever hire you again.

Ah...the good ol' Double-Secret Probation!?! I think I may have been there before. One of the great regrets in my work history is that I never got Bruce's You'll-Never-Work-In-This-Industry-Again speech in person. I had a site coordinator tell me Bruce wanted to talk to me and give me that speech, but...I told the coordinator to let Mr. Bartlett save his breath and I quit. Was working at a better plant (for a different employer) the next week. Wish I had gone ahead and taken Bruce's call...I found out later I was being manipulated by the site coordinator and the utility & Bartlett gave the techs who stayed the raise I had been agitating for. (Which...maybe my quitting brought that about? Sometimes taking a stand on these types of issues...unfair wage difference in that case, unfair pay practice in this...is worth the cost.)

Which brings us to Mike's very valid point: Absolutely, I need to weigh the cost of possibly of not being able to work for BHI into my decision. Since I am mostly retired, that makes it easier to burn a bridge than it would be for a tech at a different part of their career arc.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 16, 2020, 02:59 »
Yay! Bartlett approved my travel pay, so the litigation becomes a moot point!

Yep, the 'Civilized Discussion' was the right answer. It almost always is...if you can just find the right person to talk things over with.

Thanks to everyone for their help here via posts & PMs.

And esp. thanks to Mike for being the voice-of-reason and keeping me from jumping into the legal swamp prematurely.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #9 on: Jun 16, 2020, 05:30 »
Glad to hear it all worked out satisfactory.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?