Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Plymouth d&d company under criminal investigation

Author Topic: Plymouth d&d company under criminal investigation  (Read 1263 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
https://amp.wbur.org/earthwhile/2020/06/25/plymouth-nuclear-plant-decommissioning-company-criminal-investigation

Holtec International, a subsidiary of which owns and is decommissioning the inactive nuclear plant in Plymouth, is under criminal investigation, Politico New Jersey reported based on a legal brief filed by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority.

According to the report, New Jersey-based Holtec International sued the NJ EDA in March over the payment of $26 million of a $260 million New Jersey tax incentive, which the agency held up because Holtec allegedy gave a false answer on its 2014 tax credit application.

"Holtec's misrepresentations %u2014 which include its failure to disclose a prior government debarment by the Tennessee Valley Authority (the 'TVA') for bribing an official of that agency %u2014 first came to light during an investigation conducted by the Governor's Task Force on the Economic Development Authority's Tax Incentive Program, and they are now the subject of an ongoing criminal investigation," the brief read, according to Politico.

A spokesperson and a lawyer for Holtec did not respond to Politico New Jersey, and the company did not immediately return a News Service email seeking a response.

Last week, two Holtec subsidiaries %u2014 Holtec Decommissioning International and Holtec Pilgrim LLC %u2014 agreed to a settlement with Attorney General Maura Healey and the Baker administration that requires the company to maintain a decommissioning trust fund at a minimum balance and puts other guardrails on the decommissioning of Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station.

Last September, Healey and Baker's Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs sued the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission over the agency's decision to approve the transfer of Pilgrim's license from Entergy to Holtec.

The attorney general, Baker's administration and members of the state's Congressional delegation mounted an effort to block the transfer unless the NRC held a full hearing on concerns over Holtec's ability to safely decommission the nuclear plant, the company's financial stability and its alleged involvement in a kickback scheme. No hearing was held before the NRC approved the transfer.

Holtec has said that it can complete decommissioning work in Plymouth by the end of 2027 and is in the process of removing all spent nuclear fuel from the plant's spent fuel pool and placing it on a newly constructed Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation by early 2022.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2020, 10:07 by Rennhack »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Plymouth d&d company under criminal investigation
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:32 »
You could do a full page of scandalous Holtec story links right now with nothing older than 15 months...
Their thin-skinned waste canisters are getting a lot of attention.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:03 »
You could do a full page of scandalous Holtec story links right now with nothing older than 15 months...
Their thin-skinned waste canisters are getting a lot of attention.

those containers are NRC licensed,...

blame your government if you actually believe the insinuation of that comment,...

I would imagine DOE workers have a lot of options to bring the aspect of government licensed thin skinned waste canisters to the attention of the NRC's parent organization,....
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2020, 10:04 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:29 »
I have nothing against Holtec (Corporate office: Camden, NJ!) or their canisters, which I know nothing about.  I tried to research their recent activities and nothing came up rosy. 

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:38 »
I have nothing against Holtec (Corporate office: Camden, NJ!) or their canisters, which I know nothing about.  I tried to research their recent activities and nothing came up rosy. 

fair enough - those referenced canisters are NRC licensed, if that's not good enough for a nukeworker, well then, what is?!?!?!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?