Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Karma honeypot

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 11621 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
The ability to affect other peoples Karma is now a "Gold Member" only feature.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2005, 01:43 by Rennhack »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2005, 11:29 »
Karma (at least as it applies on this website) works like this:

1.) Become a Gold Member.
2.) As if by magic (well, Mike's magic anyway) you will see two new options appear under other people's Karma ratings -- Applaud and Smite
3.) Clicking Applaud adds 1 Karma point to that person's Karma total
4.) Clicking Smite subtracts 1 Karma Point
5.) You can Applaud or Smite a person only once in a day

If Your Karma is in the mud, it is because you either angered or annoyed people enough to make them want to Smite you.

Why you may care is a matter between yourself and either your shrink, conscience, or the voices in your head. The only thing your Karma rating says about you is how other people on this site feel about your posts. It is up to you to decide if that is important or not.
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2006, 12:41 by Rennhack »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2006, 12:51 »
Scroll up till you see Click Here To Become A Gold Member.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

justatech

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2008, 05:02 »
Hi Mike,

I like the Karma button.............especially when I split a gut laughing in the Gold Member's section..............

However, I am irritated that I can only give "1" Karma per person per day - suppose all of their posts I've read deserve Karma?
Or I am on late one night - early the next day........which happens a lot...........the computer doesn't allow me to give karma unless the time period has passed....................Why not unlimited Karma?  8)

Or maybe a "bank account" - say 500 karma hits a month per member? Of course if we do this and I run out - I will tell you the same thing I told the bank when when my ATM card locked out at $200. a day "If I want someone to put me on a daily allowance - I would get married!"  :P

Offline dinutt

• RPT (HP)
  • Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2008, 06:19 »
 justatech, Ditto on your request for more Karma to give I find myself too in this situation, as a fairly new Goldmember it would be nice Mike.... :) I would give ya  Karma but gave already today   :D
Di

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?