Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Personal Messaging
honeypot

Author Topic: Personal Messaging  (Read 13122 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Personal Messaging
« on: Feb 25, 2005, 01:32 »
The personal messaging feature is now limited to 10 message in your box at one time, unless you are a "Gold Member".  "Gold Members" have unlimited Personal message storage.
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2005, 01:43 by Rennhack »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Personal Messaging
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2005, 01:25 »
The personal messaging feature is now limited to 10 message in your box at one time, unless you are a "Gold Member".  "Gold Members" have unlimited Personal message storage.

This means if you aren't a Gold Member, you need to go to your Messages and delete all of them (don't forget the outbox as well). Unless you are under 10 messages total, you can't receive new PM's. (Every non Gold Member I have sent a PM since the change has given me an error message >:( >:( >:( >:( )
THANKS!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2005, 03:51 »
Honestly, people shouldn't have that many messages in their box.  I keep mine around 3.

I made a minor change, I allowed:

Lurker: 10 PMs (person who has made 0 posts)
Moderate Users: 15 PMs (person who has made 1 post)
Heavy Users: 20 PMs (person who has made 50 posts)
V Heavy Users: 20 PMs (person who has made 250 posts)

Lets see how that goes.  Perhaps a need to send an email out to everyone asking them to clean out their box.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2005, 03:57 by Rennhack »

radgal

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2005, 04:04 »
I think that is more than fair!

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2005, 04:50 »
Honestly, people shouldn't have that many messages in their box.  I keep mine around 3.

I am not complaining about the policy, but I have been trying to get a message to some people with hidden e-mail addresses. Surely I am not the only one who has experienced this.

Perhaps an e-mail reminder would be the simplest / cheapest way to inform users of the change. 

Alternatively, a change to programming could include an "over the limit" in the top left of the screen with messages. For example, mine could say

Hey, Roll Tide,
you have 25 messages,
0 are new.
YOU ARE OVER THE LIMIT AND CANNOT RECEIVE ADDITIONAL PM'S!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2005, 06:14 »
That sounds like a good idea.  I'll work on that.

dangergirl

« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2005, 10:29 »
I think a little reminder is great. Some of us have a hard time remembering where we park our cars for goodness sake. I know I can use all the help I can get.

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2005, 10:35 »
What car ?
Decomm Man

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2005, 01:36 »
If you have 10 PM's (including saved outgoing messages) you cannot receive any messages.

For example, if I am trying to respond to your questions I will not be able to give you any help.......

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2005, 10:51 »
Just to follow up on what Roll Tide has said, if you ask me a question, which some have done, with a PM, and you have too many in your in box, I cannot respond to you. Sooo...delete your messages, or better yet become a GOLD MEMBER! then you have more space in the PM message box, right Mike?
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2005, 11:07 »
Yes, that is correct:

Lurker's are allowed 10 messages in their PM box.
Moderate Users's are allowed 15 messages in their PM box.
Heavy User's are allowed 20 messages in their PM box.
V Heavy User's are allowed 25 messages in their PM box.

Gold Members are allowed UNLIMITED messages in their PM box.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2006, 05:39 »
Solution is simple----become a Gold Member.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?