Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu UT teams up with Texas A&M to bid for contract to manage Y-12 and Pantex Plant  

Author Topic: UT teams up with Texas A&M to bid for contract to manage Y-12 and Pantex Plant  (Read 762 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2020/04/f73/Preliminary%20Notice%20of%20Violation%2C%20Consolidated%20Nuclear%20Security%2C%20LLC.pdf

Happy with all this Marlin?  Or is it just another day, different dollars.
I wonder if keeping Pantex and Y-12 together in the same contract is worth it.
I thought I read everywhere that CNS proved trying to save HR/benefits/corporate structure costs (covering two sites), was a failure.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2020/04/f73/Preliminary%20Notice%20of%20Violation%2C%20Consolidated%20Nuclear%20Security%2C%20LLC.pdf

Happy with all this Marlin?  Or is it just another day, different dollars.
I wonder if keeping Pantex and Y-12 together in the same contract is worth it.
I thought I read everywhere that CNS proved trying to save HR/benefits/corporate structure costs (covering two sites), was a failure.

CNS did not meet the contractual metrics so the DOE is not giving them the extension. UT is part of the management team at ORNL next door right over the ridge so I would think they would have an edge already dealing with DOE. The idea of merging the contract was to reduce duplicate admin cost, I have no idea if that worked. Workers out there, I have on good authority, were not happy and after many years of resisting the RCTs/IH/NDT voted in an union this last year.

Happy? Not sure. That will depend on the new contractor, not that it affects me much being semi-retired only working a couple of months a year for the last eight years on the Oak Ridge reservation outside of Y-12. People I know working at Y-12 call themselves we-be's (we be here when you come we be here when you go). Those that are in a union at Y-12 it will not be impacted that much. We-be is a common term for the rank and file out there as only management changes out.

Feds dissatisfied with Y-12 management, will let contract with CNS expire in 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-dissatisfied-with-y-12-management-will-let-contract-with-cns-expire-in-2021/ar-BB15Wfvy

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
...and keeping CNS on site, just to finish construction of the 9212 replacement.  Interesting decisions

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
...and keeping CNS on site, just to finish construction of the 9212 replacement.  Interesting decisions

Y-12 has DOE NNSA and DOE EMS on site, there are operating contracts and separate construction demolition and remediation contracts. To make it even more confusing a small portion of the contracts will be managed by the Army Corp of Engineers. I don't think ORNL has any part in Y-12 now but they ran the biology building where the million mouse project happened in the Y-12 foot print and are responsible (financially) for the ongoing demolition I did one of the smaller out buildings and cooling towers in the Bio Building complex about ten years ago. A lot of the smaller contracts seem to have dried up as they build the $10 billion Uranium Processing Facility (UPF).

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?