Career Path > Radiation Safety

Canadian Radiation Protection Test

(1/2) > >>

UncaBuffalo:
Heard a big dirt job starting up there soon. But also heard the test is a real pain. Anyone  taken it? What study material should we focus on?

I will be trying to help some techs prep who don't have much theory background,  so...any pertinent study material, practice tests, or tutoring ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

fiveeleven:
A somewhat wise man once said - It really doesnt matter how radiation interacts with matter, until it matters, and then it can matter a lot.

Dave Warren:

--- Quote from: UncaBuffalo on Sep 27, 2020, 09:39 ---Heard a big dirt job starting up there soon. But also heard the test is a real pain. Anyone  taken it? What study material should we focus on?

I will be trying to help some techs prep who don't have much theory background,  so...any pertinent study material, practice tests, or tutoring ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

A buddy of mine (Tom Dupes) passed that test. He said it was a bear (Canada reference. I was at Darlington Nuclear, so I can't elaborate on it, but I may be able to find you some info. Are you talking CNL (Chalk River)?

UncaBuffalo:
Sounds like it's controlled by Chalk River, but at a different location? The guy who knows about it is production, so doesn't have a lot of RP answers...and is just finding things out on his side of game, so...I will post more as info trickles down.

fiveeleven:
C'mon man - Ima thinking that the radiation up North is the same as here. If ya can pass the NUF, or god-forbid even mentioning it - the NEU, the Canuck version should be a piece of pie. Just have to emphasize that thou shalt not release a big pile of potentially Tritiated dirt with a frisker !! I seem to recall they were focusing on legacy alpha up dere so if the site is so inclined perhaps some of the excellent DOE material available on 2He4 stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version