Career Path > Getting in

Trying to go from shipyard RCT, to commercial RPT

(1/2) > >>

Lmichalak67:
I am currently a 108 qualified radcon tech with Electric Boat, wanting to make the jump to commercial. I am wanting to get a job at Southern Company (plant farley). Im unsure of how to go from a shipyard rct over to the commercial side. Anyone have any tips or ideas that would help me? I qualified last month (dec 2020). No prior military, just 2 years prior to radcon in industrial radiography. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: Lmichalak67 on Jan 09, 2021, 03:30 ---I am currently a 108 qualified radcon tech with Electric Boat, wanting to make the jump to commercial. I am wanting to get a job at Southern Company (plant farley). Im unsure of how to go from a shipyard rct over to the commercial side. Anyone have any tips or ideas that would help me? I qualified last month (dec 2020). No prior military, just 2 years prior to radcon in industrial radiography. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---
Look for a job posting for Southern, and apply for it.  It's just that simple.

Al Eidson:
I worked with a lot of tech from EB over the years. The field is wide open for you. Just about all the supervisors at Turkey point had worked there. Good luck.

Lmichalak67:
I dont need anymore qualifications aside from having my NAVSEA108 qual?

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Lmichalak67 on Jan 10, 2021, 06:22 ---I dont need anymore qualifications aside from having my NAVSEA108 qual?

--- End quote ---

That is up to the utility but follow this link for a guide.

https://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?topic=4395.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version