Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Starting in the industy, Specifically Radiation Saftey (Canadian) honeypot

Author Topic: Starting in the industy, Specifically Radiation Saftey (Canadian)  (Read 1392 times)

Offline extensivepatience

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Hey all,
I haven't been able to find the answer to my question in the older post but I'm interested in joining this Industry as a career path. I wanted to take a specialized training program in Radiation Saftey that's recognized by the CNSC and apply for a Position at the OPG Plant in Pickering, ON but i also would like to know from people who are already working in the Industry if this would be favorable over a 2 year College Diploma in Applied Nuclear Science & Radiation Saftey. The biggest difference between the 2 would have to be the obvious time requirement for each, I would love to take a Specialized training course and start working right away but i know it's not going to be that easy. Judging from what I've read Competition in this Industry is Fierce, I don't have the money to take a 4 year Degree but if that's my only option then I'll do it. I applied to the OPG Position anyways since they stated it required a minimum of a High school Diploma. I still would like to have some sort of foundation before i start working if I'm even called for an Interview, Which i doubt but i won't turn it down if I am. I was also asked if i had a Membership in the NRRPT which i looked up and found out, requires 5 years experience before you can even apply to take the Exam. I still want to pursue a NRRPT membership as soon as I meet the requirements. I would appreciate any advice any Canadian Nuclear workers can offer me about getting into the Industry in this country.   

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?