Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Melvin Smith  

Author Topic: Melvin Smith  (Read 1590 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Melvin Smith
« on: Feb 14, 2021, 10:13 »
Mel Smith passed away 08Feb21. I have been unable to.locate an obituary for Mel.
I worked with Mel at least a dozen times in the late 70s, the Oconee, Ginna outages and an occasional in WI and probably elsewhere too.
A very good technician and a great guy with a ready smile and laugh. I've been meaning to get back down South for a visit , now it's too late.
R.I.P. my friend.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Melvin Smith
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2021, 08:15 »

Wow.

I met Melvin on my first outage at Kewaunee in 1976 and also worked with him at Oconee and Ginna in the early 80s. I really enjoyed his company and still tell stories about him from the old days. Have not seen him in decades but I can close my eyes and see his smile lifting that world class moustache. Another classic original gone. So sad.

RIP my old friend.

"Where I come from we call girls that look like you 'foxes'"
        -- Mel Smith in a Wisconsin bar 1976
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Al Eidson

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2021, 10:47 »
Another legend passed. Melvin was great at getting it done while having a party doing it. You will be missed.

Offline moyles

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2021, 08:13 »
This is so sad-  Melvin and I worked together at Surry, he helped train me.  Big smile, loved life, a good ole southern boy and if I remember, the son of a preacher man.   Rest in peace my friend.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2021, 12:39 »
sew sad too here of mel's passing. had sum grate times, most of witch shouldn't be tolled; el ka bonging boxes in a rentacar in ala🤐, spray graphite fire extinguisher battles in a ctmt... somewear🙄. butt, when it came two dune the job, helping udders 😏, oar simply bean a wham a dyne kinda guy, mel had few peers.
r.i.p. old buddy r.i.p.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline stewdill

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2021, 05:25 »
Very sad to hear of his passing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?