News and Discussions > Fallen:

Melvin Smith

(1/2) > >>

peteshonkwiler:
Mel Smith passed away 08Feb21. I have been unable to.locate an obituary for Mel.
I worked with Mel at least a dozen times in the late 70s, the Oconee, Ginna outages and an occasional in WI and probably elsewhere too.
A very good technician and a great guy with a ready smile and laugh. I've been meaning to get back down South for a visit , now it's too late.
R.I.P. my friend.

RDTroja:

Wow.

I met Melvin on my first outage at Kewaunee in 1976 and also worked with him at Oconee and Ginna in the early 80s. I really enjoyed his company and still tell stories about him from the old days. Have not seen him in decades but I can close my eyes and see his smile lifting that world class moustache. Another classic original gone. So sad.

RIP my old friend.

"Where I come from we call girls that look like you 'foxes'"
        -- Mel Smith in a Wisconsin bar 1976

Al Eidson:
Another legend passed. Melvin was great at getting it done while having a party doing it. You will be missed.

moyles:
This is so sad-  Melvin and I worked together at Surry, he helped train me.  Big smile, loved life, a good ole southern boy and if I remember, the son of a preacher man.   Rest in peace my friend.

SloGlo:
sew sad too here of mel's passing. had sum grate times, most of witch shouldn't be tolled; el ka bonging boxes in a rentacar in ala🤐, spray graphite fire extinguisher battles in a ctmt... somewear🙄. butt, when it came two dune the job, helping udders 😏, oar simply bean a wham a dyne kinda guy, mel had few peers.
r.i.p. old buddy r.i.p.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version