Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Underwater antennas honeypot

Author Topic: Underwater antennas  (Read 6820 times)

jjordan

Underwater antennas
« on: Mar 03, 2005, 06:59 »
We are going to be doing some extensive diving this outage, and I have been tasked with providing telemety coverage for the divers. We use MG dosimetry, but the rub is MG wants $1500.00 a piece for their antennas, and they don't have any available right now! They are a square paddle design, and they are very directional. In the past I have made underwater antennas for both MG and SAIC equipment. For the MG's I went to Radio Shack and purcased a 50-2200mhrz signal booster. I then attach a rubber whip antenna to the booster, and then about 100-150' of coax to it. I then take rachem nuclear grade heat shrink and seal the unit. I then attach the unit to the divers suit directly over the transmitters, then run the coax up the umbilical cord. I have done this before and they seem to work. they ony cost about $100.00 to make. I was wondering if anyone else out there has done this? If so do you have a better design, and would you please shre it with us if so?
Thanks,
JJ ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2005, 10:09 by JJordan »

JnyMac

Re: Underwater antennas
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:46 »
JJordan,

We have a gut at Palo Verde named Don Sobera that has been working with MG since it's conception.  You could call 623-393-5000.  If that is not an option PM me and I will give you his e-mail when I get back to work on Friday.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?