Career Path > Getting in

DOE Core Test Proctor?

(1/2) > >>

m.mallory:
I've been studying the core test manual and taking the quizzes, but I have no idea where to start looking for a proctor. Can anybody help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance.
(Side note: my intention is to work at Hanford)

Rennhack:
When you get hired at Hanford, they will proctor the test there.  They are unlikely to accept any test results that they themselves do not administer.

m.mallory:
Be that as it may, how can I find a proctor so I can take the test beforehand?

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: m.mallory on Mar 17, 2021, 05:55 ---Be that as it may, how can I find a proctor so I can take the test beforehand?

--- End quote ---

You can't.

rkinsman:
I have also been trying to do some research on this and how to get my CORE cert to put on my resume so that I can increase my chances of getting an interview at least. I h ave been applying at INL for the last few months and been unable to even pull an interview. My current work experience is related to most of the jobs I am applying for, but I have not nuclear background. I have spent the last 9+ years in the chemical Demilitarization field performing chemical monitoring which lines up with RADCON tech and Health Physics technician, however I cannot get them to look at me and even offer an interview. I have been doing some studying on here and trying to prepare myself. From what I can see all the sites kind of do their own onsite training. What do I need to do to break into this field?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version