Career Path > Getting in

DOE Core Test Proctor?

<< < (2/2)

Rennhack:
You need to to get hired as a Jr RCT.

Maybe try working outage at a nuclear power plant as a Jr. RP.

Jr jobs are very hard to find.  Contact all of the companies that post RCT or RPT or HPT jobs in our job board. Tell them you will take any job, any where, any duration, for any money.  Even consider Decontamination Technician at one of the sites, to get your foot in the door.

You need to get relevant experience on your resume.  Or marry into the family... that always works too.

Things that "line up with RADCON" don't cut it in this field, like they do in the "real world".  In this world, they want EXACTLY this experience.

rkinsman:
thank you Rennhack I will try to do that. Besides this website and the books that are listed in the suggested reading is there anything else that I should be doing to help myself out?

fiveeleven:

--- Quote from: rkinsman on Mar 18, 2021, 04:09 ---  Besides this website and the books that are listed in the suggested reading is there anything else that I should be doing to help myself out?

--- End quote ---
Join the Navy. Be an ELT.

NukeNinja:
I know this is an old post, but there is misinformation here. I am a proctor for the test and hear local and you can take it without being hired for a fee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version