Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu DOE Core Test Proctor?

Author Topic: DOE Core Test Proctor?  (Read 2781 times)

Offline m.mallory

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
DOE Core Test Proctor?
« on: Mar 16, 2021, 05:59 »
I've been studying the core test manual and taking the quizzes, but I have no idea where to start looking for a proctor. Can anybody help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance.
(Side note: my intention is to work at Hanford)
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021, 08:00 by m.mallory »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: DOE Core Test Proctor?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2021, 06:41 »
When you get hired at Hanford, they will proctor the test there.  They are unlikely to accept any test results that they themselves do not administer.

Offline m.mallory

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2021, 05:55 »
Be that as it may, how can I find a proctor so I can take the test beforehand?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2021, 09:24 »
Be that as it may, how can I find a proctor so I can take the test beforehand?

You can't.

Offline rkinsman

• Lurker
  • Trying to Break in to the nuclear industry
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2021, 02:46 »
I have also been trying to do some research on this and how to get my CORE cert to put on my resume so that I can increase my chances of getting an interview at least. I h ave been applying at INL for the last few months and been unable to even pull an interview. My current work experience is related to most of the jobs I am applying for, but I have not nuclear background. I have spent the last 9+ years in the chemical Demilitarization field performing chemical monitoring which lines up with RADCON tech and Health Physics technician, however I cannot get them to look at me and even offer an interview. I have been doing some studying on here and trying to prepare myself. From what I can see all the sites kind of do their own onsite training. What do I need to do to break into this field?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2021, 03:23 »
You need to to get hired as a Jr RCT.

Maybe try working outage at a nuclear power plant as a Jr. RP.

Jr jobs are very hard to find.  Contact all of the companies that post RCT or RPT or HPT jobs in our job board. Tell them you will take any job, any where, any duration, for any money.  Even consider Decontamination Technician at one of the sites, to get your foot in the door.

You need to get relevant experience on your resume.  Or marry into the family... that always works too.

Things that "line up with RADCON" don't cut it in this field, like they do in the "real world".  In this world, they want EXACTLY this experience.

Offline rkinsman

• Lurker
  • Trying to Break in to the nuclear industry
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2021, 04:09 »
thank you Rennhack I will try to do that. Besides this website and the books that are listed in the suggested reading is there anything else that I should be doing to help myself out?

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2021, 10:14 »
  Besides this website and the books that are listed in the suggested reading is there anything else that I should be doing to help myself out?
Join the Navy. Be an ELT.

Offline NukeNinja

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2023, 04:42 »
I know this is an old post, but there is misinformation here. I am a proctor for the test and hear local and you can take it without being hired for a fee.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?