Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu what I'm working on.  

Author Topic: what I'm working on.  (Read 9327 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
what I'm working on.
« on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:33 »
Well, I have been working on the site a lot.

I did some minor changes to the forum.

I did some changes to the photo gallery.

And recently, I have been giving the job board a makeover:

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/view.php?job_id=1589

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: what I'm working on.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2005, 10:34 »
-- Not to mention the new news page, and the new RSS news feeds, and the changes to the home page (latest jobs)...
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2005, 10:39 by Rennhack »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2005, 11:05 »
I like the new Nukeworker.com font just above the tabs on the home page Mike.  Subtle changes, nothing overpowering but just enough to make you go hmmmmm.     

Something tells me that there won't be major changes this summer.  I'm thinking you'll be busy with much more important things.  I don't know where you come up with all of your ideas but they're good. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2005, 05:05 »
Subtle changes.... like the plus and minus for the expand and colapse in the forum.  It used to have an up and down arrow, but I didn't like those.  That font on the home page... (You don't think its too fat?)...The little red accents to the jobs posted today.... changed the nukeworker guys in the forum index to folders, changed some grey images in the category/title backgrounds to fancy blue ones. Making the calendar more promenent.

With the latest forum software upgrade, there is a new "unmark as read" button, and a few other small changes (and bug fixes).

In the jobboard, I changed the bread crumb trail into a tree style navigation like on the forum... changed the images in the photo album, and still changing them...  altered config settings, so there isn't so much stuff on the photo index... loads faster, looks cleaner...

edited all the help buttons of the software(s) so they all lead to the help forum, which i transposed all of the help files from the disperate programs.

Lots of baby steps
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2005, 07:21 by RDTroja »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2005, 04:30 »
Well, it took me 22 hours of coding, but I finally got the "job view" page updated.

I hope everyone likes it.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2005, 04:08 »
Has anyone clicked on the questionmark that shows up when the pay rate is unspecified in the job view?

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2005, 04:21 »
I just tried that. That is a nifty button to link to the question. (Maybe it will get some people to read the related threads rather than post each question that won't fit into their small minds any longer!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2005, 06:15 »
I'm going to be adding those as much as I can to the site.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2005, 07:49 by Camella Black »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2005, 06:25 »
Well....

I made the photo gallery look a little better... imho

I think I'm done with the gallery theme finally.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2005, 11:13 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:25 »
I'm working on a really cool facility info section, but it will take me a year to get it done...  I'm learning a few new programming languages to make it happen, and I have to gather a lot of info, etc.

Anyway, here is an example, it is a page with news stories for all of the nuclear power plants.

It is BETA so don't tell me about things that don't work, it is not intended for use.

http://www.nukeworker.com/news/facility_index.php

The intent is to have a page for each nuclear facility, on each facilities page will be info, included in that info is the recent news for that facility.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2005, 10:15 »
Something else that is new, is the new PM box.  You can set lables, which I discussed in another message.

Also, it now tells you how full your box is.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Apr 10, 2005, 03:07 »
I just modified the welcome message on the home page to show you how full you PM box is, and if its over 90% full, it prompts you to "prune" old messages. (If you have unlimited storage, it dosen't tell you how "full" it is.)

This should help a few people...
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2005, 03:08 by Rennhack »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2005, 09:44 »
EXCELLENT! I was trying to figure out how to show a person their status, and "fuel gage" should be perfect!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?