Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Using My Time Wisely

Author Topic: Using My Time Wisely  (Read 1700 times)

Offline wyatt

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Using My Time Wisely
« on: Apr 23, 2021, 12:07 »
Hello,

I am going to be pursuing a career as a Nuclear Operator in the future and I want to ensure that I am hired. For background, I am graduating with a degree in physics this June, and I am planning on enrolling in a community college's NLO associates degree program that starts in the Summer. Becoming a nuclear operator has been sort of a dream job of mine for a while, and I want to maximize my potential at getting hired on at any level. To do this I have been using my independent time to study and take notes on the DoE Fundamentals textbooks, but I also have access to many nuclear simulators that I do not yet understand. As I don't have navy experience, I planned on using my detailed independent study notes as a sort of portfolio to show that I'm willing to put in a lot of extra time to leverage the experience difference between myself and potentially more experienced job candidates.

I understand that there isn't some magic solution that will allow me to instantly understand nuclear plants, but I was wondering if anyone here had insight into what order I should tackle the DoE textbooks in order to get to a point where I can more readily understand what is going on in the CTI BWR simulator faster, or even if I should focus my attention on some other source of information. I am through the math and physics texts and already halfway through the chemistry text and I am learning a lot of information that I did not know before and hope will be useful, so if there isn't anything recommended I can do to optimize the time I will still feel great about what I'm doing. Even so, the time before I move and attend the NLO program is decreasing and between work and school I don't have a ton of free time so I want to make the most of it.
Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2021, 12:25 by wyatt »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?