Career Path > Different Country

Working and living at the Barakah power station UAE

(1/7) > >>

BISCUITMAN:
Hello,
Has anyone got any knowledge and experience of working at the Barakah Station and what is the standard of the living accommodation provided.
Many thanks

UncaBuffalo:
I am also interested, so...? Anyone?

I will say that I did some research about this a year ago. Rumor at that time was that the rooms were about like your standard hotel. Recruiter I talked to said they provided you with transportation also...but then I heard everyone was basically confined to the compound because of the pandemic, so...?

Thanks for any current information about the job....which contract company treats you best, pros & cons of the experience, etc...

cranford:
One of my friends was working in Barakah no nuke related and I can only remember that he was complaining all the time about how hot is the place... I can get in touch with him if you wanna learn more about the place. He worked there as an engineer for 3 years and then managed to buy villa in Nice so I can say that he was getting paid well.

UncaBuffalo:
Heard that one of the French companies was awarded the RP technician contract for this outage? And pay-rate low...$7000-ish per month base? Apparently able to staff it mostly with Central Asian technicians?

UncaBuffalo:

--- Quote from: UncaBuffalo on Feb 06, 2022, 01:24 ---Heard that one of the French companies was awarded the RP technician contract for this outage? And pay-rate low...$7000-ish per month base? Apparently able to staff it mostly with Central Asian technicians?

--- End quote ---

...and no per diem. Ouch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version