Facility & Company Information > Region II (South East)

Charleston Naval Shipyard

<< < (2/4) > >>

LaFeet:
Magnolias is just about the best restaurant downtown.  Out west, try Kyoto's for excellent japanese teppan yaka food and sake.

cincinnatinuke:
Magnolias????  If this the same place that advertised "southern cooking" on its sign and was in downtown then I have to disagree.  I ordered what was called a southern eggroll which lasted about two seconds to insert it in my mouth, chew twice, and swallow.  I then figured I would get a steak.  This pushed the tab to close to 60-70 dollars american, and I still had to hit an Arby's up on the way home.  BTW The wife and I are from Alabama, so when someone says southern cooking it better not be FUFU stuff, especially when she is prenant at the time.  Though I will say the atmosphere was real quiet, or maybe its always that slow in there.

LaFeet:
Sorry you had a badd experience.  And yeah. I guess it would be referred to as Fufu cooking.

But then I enjoy shrimp and grits as well as Fufu foods ;)

hamsamich:
Saracen's was my favorite restsurant in Chucktown.  French Moroccan I think?  It was on East Bay Street.  The best place to hang out was "The Treehouse", which was a semi-rave club made from a big house near downtown.  Everybody went there for later-night action (past 12am).  That place was so kickin@!  Anybody remember it?  They shut it down in '95 I think.  Anything went in there, all kinds of crazy stuff going on.  Probly why it was shutdown.  Saracen's is still open I think.  Yummy. Kyotos is one of the best Japanese restaurants I have been to.

feathersmoke:
WOW!~  I remember the Treehouse!  That place rocked, indeed!  I can't believe someone else knows what it is!  I use to go there with some friends when we were in town watching a band at the Music Farm.  After the Music Farm, we would head over to the Treehouse.  I saw many wild things happen in there!  Good times....sigh....memories....

I don't remember the exact spelling, but a great place to eat is Guiseppies (pronounced Giseppys).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version