Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

MMN1 Getting out now, what am I doing wrong?

<< < (2/2)

Marlin:

--- Quote from: scotoma on Jul 14, 2021, 08:29 --- "Linking"?

--- End quote ---

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

gb54123:
One major thing you can be overlooking is the automated software that screens resumes. Many companies use them and this could be the root cause of the lack of call backs. I didn't get any responses for a few applications (I thought I was a shoe-in for these jobs based on qualifications) and I reached out to a friend that had HR connections. His recommendation was to plagiarize their job posting. For example, if the posting says that they expect you to 'plan, stage, execute, and test plant equipment for maintenance overhauls', I would write '8 years experience - plan, stage, execute, and test plant equipment'. My callback rate went up a lot after I did this, so I'd give it a shot.

RDTroja:

--- Quote from: gb54123 on Jul 14, 2021, 06:09 ---One major thing you can be overlooking is the automated software that screens resumes. Many companies use them and this could be the root cause of the lack of call backs. I didn't get any responses for a few applications (I thought I was a shoe-in for these jobs based on qualifications) and I reached out to a friend that had HR connections. His recommendation was to plagiarize their job posting. For example, if the posting says that they expect you to 'plan, stage, execute, and test plant equipment for maintenance overhauls', I would write '8 years experience - plan, stage, execute, and test plant equipment'. My callback rate went up a lot after I did this, so I'd give it a shot.

--- End quote ---
And they call it 'Artificial Intelligence'... apparently the only thing they got right was the 'Artificial' part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version