Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Could Hawaii get its clean energy from nuclear? honeypot

Author Topic: Could Hawaii get its clean energy from nuclear?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Could Hawaii get its clean energy from nuclear?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2021, 03:32 »
Residential prices for power in Hawaii are 30 cents a KWh or triple what they are in many "normal" states.  I pay 11 cents a KWh in Georgia.  The fact that hawaii is only 30% renewable and imports so much fossil fuel pretty much tells me that all these articles extolling the low price of renewable energy are half-truths at best.  Nuclear is the best answer for carbon free power for the next 50 years if not longer.  At 30c/kwh Hawaii would have stopped bringing in expensive fossil fuel a long time ago if solar and wind really were that cheap and easy.  Build 100 nuclear plants minimum right now and continue to slowly ramp up solar and wind.  But no, we won't.  I wonder how much $$$ our current government will waste (3.5 trillion anyone?) when we could have built a bunch of nuclear plants?  The more we build the cheaper they would get once we regain the expertise we used to have.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?