Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Irony? honeypot

Author Topic: Irony?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline radranger

• Light User
Irony?
« on: Sep 06, 2021, 07:39 »
Renewable energy jobs on "Nuke"worker? :)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Irony?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2021, 11:21 »
Actually, Nuclear is the only truly 'renewable' energy we have besides burning wood, but Carter saw to it that we don't take advantage of that. Wind and solar are just 'plentiful' unless you want to say 'unreliable' and 'inconsistent' as well.

Come to think of it coal, oil, and gas are also renewable but the time scale is a little inconvenient. :)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2021, 12:25 »
I guess the real irony is that it was Carter.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2021, 07:41 »
Whilst regarding things ironic - all of the listed jobs in β€œ renewables β€œ are posted by the, at least at some point in time, largest holder of nuclear plants in the country. Sad but true.

Offline mjd

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2021, 09:57 »
Actually Ford put the moratorium on recycling fuel, Carter just made it permanent.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2021, 10:10 »
Come to think of it coal, oil, and gas are also renewable but the time scale is a little inconvenient. :)

Sounds like something that George Carlin would have said  :P

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2021, 06:36 »
Sounds like something that George Carlin would have said  :P
I am flattered... I just hope I don't get quite as cynical as he did.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2021, 08:43 »
Actually Ford put the moratorium on recycling fuel, Carter just made it permanent.

1974 - Ford - reprocessing and recycling...should not proceed

1977 - Carter - will defer indefinitely

1981 - Reagan - lifting the indefinite ban

1992 - GHW Bush - disapproved LIPA / Cogema to reprocess the slightly irradiated initial core from the Shoreham reactor, halted weapons reprocessing, announced the permanent closure of the PUREX reprocessing plant

1993 - Clinton - policy statement on reprocessing: β€œthe United States does not encourage the civil use of plutonium and, accordingly, does not itself engage in plutonium reprocessing for either nuclear power or nuclear explosive purposes. The United States, however, will maintain its existing commitments regarding the use of reprocessing for civil nuclear programs in Western Europe and Japan.”

1995 - Clinton - On November 29, 1995, a new nuclear cooperation agreement with EURATOM was submitted to Congress, some Members believed it did not meet the requirement of prior consent for reprocessing. The
agreement entered into effect in 1996 without a vote

2001 -  GWBush - National Energy Policy included the recommendation: the United States should consider technologies to develop reprocessing and fuel treatment technologies

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2021, 08:45 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2021, 05:40 »

Looks like my stock portfolio.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?