Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Was the world’s first fatal nuclear explosion really sparked by a love triangle?
honeypot

Author Topic: Was the world’s first fatal nuclear explosion really sparked by a love triangle?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
My civilian RadCon instructor at S1W prototype was Arlo Trost one of the first to reenter the building. Lots of good stories I wish I could remember them all. The love triangle is the story we got from people who were there.

Was the world’s first fatal nuclear explosion really sparked by a love triangle?

https://nypost.com/2021/10/16/was-worlds-first-fatal-nuclear-explosion-sparked-by-a-love-triangle/?fbclid=IwAR1iaZ-SdISinicHcj22RF_uPUigX7PnBWM7yw3pa_zyMqox8gQMT7m5tZs

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Homosexual hijinks within the enlisted ranks seems to be a common theme for the Navy when attempting to affix blame for systematic failure. #2 16 inch gun turret- USS Iowa - Clayton Hartwig. They did not anticipate taking on the mans mom. Lets go Davy !!
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2021, 11:16 by fiveeleven »

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
I guess we will never really know for sure. What we do knoe is that the reactor design was really poor. They were in the infancy of nuclear technology and safety wasn't as big of a concern in 1961 as it is today. Was the act deliberate or was the operator distracted by outside concerns and wasn't paying attention, or was it an equipment malfunction?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?