Career Path > Security, FFD

Getting badged after psych disqual

<< < (2/2)

Blue Heron:
Mike, that seems odd to me.  Under several OSHA industry standards it clearly states that occupational medical records are required to be provided to the employee or the employee's agent, if the records are requested.  If the psych exam was conducted as part of the occupational workup, I would think it meets the requirement.

There are a few exceptions to this, but the only one I've been able to locate in regards to a psych exam are the exams that are conducted under a voluntary employee assistance program.

Camella Black:

--- Quote from: Blue Heron on Mar 15, 2005, 10:04 ---Mike, that seems odd to me.  Under several OSHA industry standards it clearly states that occupational medical records are required to be provided to the employee or the employee's agent, if the records are requested.  If the psych exam was conducted as part of the occupational workup, I would think it meets the requirement.

There are a few exceptions to this, but the only one I've been able to locate in regards to a psych exam are the exams that are conducted under a voluntary employee assistance program.

--- End quote ---

This is my understanding concerning medical records as well. I would also suggest that Jassen look at filing for disability if he is unable to work. In either case I would also suggest that he speak to an lawyer who would be able to answer his questions.

JassenB:
Hey everybody, thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it. I have been in contact with the psychiatrist that made the determination, or at least with his receptionist. Maybe a letter, as suggested above, would be a better idea.

I was never provided a copy of anything, nor was I informed of their availability. I will look into that...Maybe the Bartlett security folks would send me copies of stuff if I requested it.

If I can find an attorney that speciliazes in employment law, that would be a good next step, I suppose.

Thanks for the info. Now I at least have a place to start.

Take care!
-Jassen

Fermi2:
No, it's security driven, not occupational driven, it's not there for YOUR health. So it's not available to you.

Mike

JassenB:
Thanks again for everybody's suggestions, including those that PM'd me.

It looks like the best thing to do is to keep trying to find the real concern that the Bartlett shrink had and figure out what it would take to make him comfortable with granting clearance.

I'll also try getting in with other companies, even though that will be difficult. I don't think I've ever seen anybody but Bartlett have openings for juniors, but maybe if I scrounge enough I'll find a recruiter at another company willing to give me a whack.

Thanks again, everybody!
-Jassen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version