Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu When the Science Channel is light on science honeypot

Author Topic: When the Science Channel is light on science  (Read 889 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: When the Science Channel is light on science
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2021, 07:16 »
"most of eastern Pennsylvania was made permanently uninhabitable by the accident"  wow the "science" channel.  pretty smart there science channel.  that's the problem with science...it kinda has become another religion in some ways.  just have faith in the source and say it's true and it will be.  what would science do?  problem is much like religion science doesn't have all the answers, but people will use it to explain things that really haven't been sufficiently answered yet.  How about the early food pyramid?  it's science bro.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2021, 10:38 »
"most of eastern Pennsylvania was made permanently uninhabitable by the accident"  wow the "science" channel.  pretty smart there science channel.  that's the problem with science...it kinda has become another religion in some ways.  just have faith in the source and say it's true and it will be.  what would science do?  problem is much like religion science doesn't have all the answers, but people will use it to explain things that really haven't been sufficiently answered yet.  How about the early food pyramid?  it's science bro.

Thier source may have been the "China Syndrome"  ROFL

[coffee]

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2021, 07:41 »
Iwonder what the people living in eastern PA thought about that. Apparently the authors of this have confused TMI with Chernobyl.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2021, 08:01 »
Well, as we all know, science is just whatever the media declares it to be... look at Climate Science.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2021, 08:38 »
Science is science. It is reproducible and verifiable. Scientific theory is not fact, but speculation based on incomplete data. The media's perspective is often misinterpretation because they don't understand the science.

Offline Al Eidson

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2021, 12:58 »
The media understands the science, they just twist it to fit thier narrative.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2021, 07:28 »
Iwonder what the people living in eastern PA thought about that. Apparently the authors of this have confused TMI with Chernobyl.

the folks in Philly would probably agree,...

except it is not because of TMI or technology or science,...

okay, I take that back it is because of science - political science - GLW out!!!!!!!!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?