Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The 34 Deadliest Jobs in America honeypot

Author Topic: The 34 Deadliest Jobs in America  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The 34 Deadliest Jobs in America
« on: Dec 20, 2021, 03:38 »
I don't see Nuke worker anywhere on here.  [coffee]

https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/34-deadliest-jobs-america.html?ESRC=eb_211220.nl

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: The 34 Deadliest Jobs in America
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2021, 08:19 »
I don't see Nuke worker anywhere on here.  [coffee]

https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/34-deadliest-jobs-america.html?ESRC=eb_211220.nl

have you been to a commercial power plant or a commercial outage in the last 15 to 20 years!?!?!?

not an atypical morning brief,....

leader:"Eyes on path!!!!"

attendee:"Well yes but, the path actually has a 0.25 cm change in elevation between 12 different sections of heated, textured, concrete walkway within the 30 meters between the asphalt parking area and the new service building front door."

safety:"Well, if they do not 'feel' safe they are not safe"

plant notification to all employees:

'We will be removing and replacing the 30 meters of walkway between the North Parking Area and the New Service Building between June 15th and August 10th. Please follow the detour arrows and use the alternate access path described below. For those employees fearful of the potential risks of the alternate access path, arrangements will be made to allow work from home to the greatest extent practicable. Thank you and remember to 'Keep your eyes on path!!!'.  Management"

nukeworkers couldn't crack the top 500 Deadliest Jobs in America in 2021,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2021, 01:27 »
have you been to a commercial power plant or a commercial outage in the last 15 to 20 years!?!?!?

No not since 94 mainly subcontract jobs in DOE remediation and demolition. Even with the added industrial, and many chemical hazards probably still safer than most other jobs. If contractors exceeded specified accident rates they were barred from bidding in many RFPs. So also probably not in the top 500 as well.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2021, 04:58 »
What's crazy is most of our recorded injuries involve office workers.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2021, 08:38 »
Where did they come up with this shit? These aren't even established job categories. Supervisors have a higher death rate than workers.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2021, 11:22 »
Where did they come up with this shit? These aren't even established job categories. Supervisors have a higher death rate than workers.

They got it from US Bureau of Statistics. Don't ask me how I am not wading through that bureaucratic maze.

https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshcfoi1.htm

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2021, 07:16 »
What's crazy is most of our recorded injuries involve office workers.

And Security...
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2021, 08:41 »
And Security...

My appologies to security everywhere but Barney Fife automatically came to mind. I am a sad puppy.  :P

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2021, 10:34 »
And Security...

Pretty much sums up the high majority of injuries at commercial nuclear power plants.....people not doing work in the plant.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2021, 12:56 »
I was curious about the accident rates in nuclear plants but have not found it yet but I found this in the process.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?