Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Advice on Pay honeypot

Author Topic: Advice on Pay  (Read 1446 times)

Offline navynuke2119

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Advice on Pay
« on: Jan 24, 2022, 01:40 »
Hello everyone,

I have recently started applying to jobs and have been looking for a solid understanding of what the pay is for someone that is going to come into the industry as a NLO trainee. I already understand that as a trainee I will be paid less until I get certified. I have looked at the BOL statistics, indeed, glassdoor, ziprecruiter, etc.

For those of you that don't mind, could you give some insight as to what you got paid while in the training program to become a RO?
Also are unions allowed to disclose what their members are getting paid?

I have looked on some union websites (e.g. IBEW) and there is little to no information as to what they would do for you for starting salary. From what I am averaging though, 35-45/hr seems to be the what I could get as a trainee. Thanks again for any help and advice.

Offline deadhorse

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Advice on Pay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2022, 11:30 »

Talking about pay openly is important so that we can all get our fair wage. In that spirit here are some recent numbers I've seen:

SOIT (System operator in training) ~ $37.00

SO (system operator) ~ $48.00

NPOIT (Nuclear plant operator in training) ~ $54.00 with a monthly adder of like $300-400

NPO (Nuclear Plant operator) ~ $57.00 with a monthly adder for the license of like $600-700.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?