Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Site feature request. honeypot

Author Topic: Site feature request.  (Read 39459 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Site feature request.
« on: Mar 15, 2005, 09:36 »
Have a feature you wish the site would have?  Have a cool idea for the site?  Post it here.  We might make the change tommorow, or next year.  But we want everyone's ideas.

I'll start:

How about the jobsite works like an airline companys's site.  Instead of flights with seats, we have outages with heads.  People on a pre-approved list could go in, see which outages need who when where, and instead of you picking your seat, you pic your slot.  Instant confirmation of the entire outage season.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
Re: Site feature request.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:01 »
This would be an outstanding idea but would require very high integrity of the technicians signing up. They would have to show up for the outages they signed up for. If only a few of them reniged (sp?) the utilites would lose confidence in the system and it would lose all credibility.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2005, 11:30 »
Basically, its the SAME system the companies have now.  They are still confirming and have to show up.  The only difference in this system, is that it makes the recruiters job a little easier, by pre-populating their "wants to go to this outage" list.  WE do not staff, or submit resumes, THEY do, just like now.  We are not trying to squeeze anyone out of the picture, we are trying to make their life easier.  And one of the key words in the original post was "Pre-Approved".  Only reputable people would be on the pre-approved list.  ITs very complicated, I could send you details if you wish.

Anyway, this thread is for suggestions, not people saying they like an idea.  (I do appreciate it though).

Please post suggestions here.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2005, 12:20 by Roll Tide »

radgal

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 09:58 »
I was brought to my attention that an alert tone or message alert that says you have a new PM while you're already logged in.  That way when you see someone online you can PM them and then they can respond back? 

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:12 »
Recently I noticed a banner ad while in a mad mouse clicking frenzy. I couldn't get back to it, and had to click a while longer. Is there an easy way to get to our advertisers?

(The particular ad was EPCE; and I think this is an incredible advertisement since this route is what I have been recommending for years!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2007, 02:16 »
Recently I noticed a banner ad while in a mad mouse clicking frenzy. I couldn't get back to it, and had to click a while longer. Is there an easy way to get to our advertisers?

(The particular ad was EPCE; and I think this is an incredible advertisement since this route is what I have been recommending for years!)

I guess I should say why I care: I could place the actual ad as a link rather than EPCE directly. That way this site is "credited" for the link, and they see the value of continuing to advertise here...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2007, 11:47 »
Yet another on my list of things that could be done with infinite time and resources:

Driving directions to each site.

Since each site already has longitude / latitude for GOOGLE, it might be easy.
I recently visited a non-nuke site that used this feature for driving directions.

http://www.westga.edu/index_directions.php

On the "TO" it auto-populates with the long / lat coordinates and you enter the desired starting point.

Just another suggestion, with much admiration for all the work already put into the site.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2007, 01:50 »
Yet another on my list of things that could be done with infinite time and resources:

I recently visited a non-nuke site that used this feature for driving directions.

On the "TO" it auto-populates with the long / lat coordinates and you enter the desired starting point.

Just another suggestion, with much admiration for all the work already put into the site.
or list a street address for each site so travelers kin google the address 'n get there directions.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2007, 09:02 »

Our site already does that, has since the news maps /facility info section went online...
 what, a year or two ago.

For an example, visit:

http://www.nukeworker.com/maps/facility/BeaverValley1.html

Look toward the bottom of the page, where it says:

Beaver Valley 1 Pictures
Jobs near Beaver Valley 1
Beaver Valley 1 messages in the forum
Directions to Beaver Valley 1
Beaver Valley 1 Lodging
Books About Beaver Valley 1
Search NukeWorker about Beaver Valley 1.
Movies playing near Beaver Valley 1
Radio stations near Beaver Valley 1
Cell Phone Coverage near Beaver Valley 1
15077 Zip Code Detailed Profile
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2007, 10:37 by Rennhack »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 07:20 »
How about: After a Gold Member/Advertiser has paid for say 5 or 10 years they become Lifetime Gold?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:22 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

LaFeet

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03 »
I miss the email feature, I used it as my business email and for selected individuals. :'(

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 07:24 »
How about the ability to order business cards thru nukeworker that can be used to exchange personal info with co-workers, business contacts etc. This would also help make other nuke workers aware of nukeworker.com.
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 04:14 »
Is there a way to have members set up their home page to cater to individual needs... like having HP tech positions only post on the job boards. Seems like the board is flooded daily with the same old engineering positions on a daily basis.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 06:24 »
Is there a way to have members set up their home page to cater to individual needs... like having HP tech positions only post on the job boards. Seems like the board is flooded daily with the same old engineering positions on a daily basis.
Interesting idea.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 06:26 »
I miss the email feature, I used it as my business email and for selected individuals. :'(
I have manually signed up some gold members for free email accounts, under the new NukeWorker.net email accounts.  Get a gold membership, then request one.

LaFeet

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 05:37 »
I have manually signed up some gold members for free email accounts, under the new NukeWorker.net email accounts.  Get a gold membership, then request one.

I know my Karma will drop for this.... but  that almost sounds like a threat

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 07:01 »
I know my Karma will drop for this.... but  that almost sounds like a threat

Just a statement of fact.  It's just another of the benefits of the $3/month that a Gold Member gets.  I can assure you that Mike isn't threatening, just giving another option. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Roll Tide

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 10:26 »
Our site already does that, has since the news maps /facility info section went online...
 what, a year or two ago.

Look toward the bottom of the page, where it says:

Very useful! I have played with this feature. I must admit it is odd to see a link to "Closest Wal-Mart to Chernobyl"...  ;D

Once again, you are ahead of me. Still playing catch-up with the great site features.

LaFeet

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 03:52 »

Okie Dokie... requesting one now  and thanks for being patient

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?