Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu house techs too travel honeypot

Author Topic: house techs too travel  (Read 890 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
house techs too travel
« on: Mar 19, 2022, 06:24 »
eye yam herring that utilities are getting together two resource share they're r.p. staff industry wide fore outage support.

will this effect rentatechs pay rate too the positive oar negative?

will rentatechs still be happy with the diem they get compared too utility rate?

mite this have a moor deleterious affect on the staff shortages as scene at outages?
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2022, 08:06 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: house techs too travel
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2022, 12:58 »
eye yam herring that utilities are getting together two resource share they're r.p. staff industry wide fore outage support.

Haven't they been doing this for a decade?  Sure, they tend to stay within their 'aliance' (Exelon, Entergy, Star, USA, etc)... but that's been going on.  And honestly, utilities don't share many people.  They already have skeleton crews and cant really afford to share much.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2022, 02:33 by Rennhack »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2022, 03:28 »
this is cross fleet resource sharing. excelon supports entergy outage four example.
knot yore father's resource sharing.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2022, 04:29 »
They already have skeleton crews and cant really afford to share much.     Exactly

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2022, 05:50 »
There are two alliances—Utilities Service Alliance and STARS Alliance—set up among plants that don’t have large fleets to pull shared resources from (Comanche Peak, Columbia, Susquehanna, Monticello etc.). So there’s a mechanism for requesting techs between those sites. I know Entergy and Susquehanna were both attempting to address staffing shortages using the alliance without success. Like y’all said: bare bones. Even with share resources, Exelon sites were short staffed last year and Constellation isn’t faring much better.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2022, 03:08 »
I'm at the Davis Besse outage. A Beaver Valley house mouse just exited the outage after two weeks of Energy Harbor resource sharing to return to Beaver Valley. That tech anticipates going to Susquehanna at the end of April to support their outage, a non Energy Harbor plant.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2022, 10:05 »
eye herd the originator of a most recent email to r.p.m.s, for usage of there r.p.s, was in the talen energy group.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2022, 01:06 by SloGlo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?