Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Power Is the Safe, Affordable, Clean Option honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Power Is the Safe, Affordable, Clean Option  (Read 500 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Nuclear Power Is the Safe, Affordable, Clean Option

"Frightening headlines about nuclear plants do more harm than reactors or spent fuel"

In an earlier interview, Epstein made similar comments about the accident at Three Mile Island. Quoting the late electrical engineer, author, and nuclear energy advocate Petr Beckmann, Epstein explained that Three Mile Island was “history’s only major disaster with a toll of zero dead, zero injured, and zero diseased.”

https://www.mackinac.org/blog/2022/nuclear-power-is-the-safe-affordable-clean-option
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 12:00 by Marlin »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Nuclear Power Is the Safe, Affordable, Clean Option
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 07:57 »
Nuclear Power Is the Safe, Affordable, Clean Option

"Frightening headlines about nuclear plants do more harm than reactors or spent fuel"

In an earlier interview, Epstein made similar comments about the accident at Three Mile Island. Quoting the late electrical engineer, author, and nuclear energy advocate Petr Beckmann, Epstein explained that Three Mile Island was “history’s only major disaster with a toll of zero dead, zero injured, and zero diseased.”

https://www.mackinac.org/blog/2022/nuclear-power-is-the-safe-affordable-clean-option
That article is reasonable, well written, and uses impeccable logic. So, naturally, the left will reject it.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 10:17 »
Speaking of TMI - I recently watched the Netflix “docuseries” on said subject - horrible stuff. The main antagonist, who was a navy nuke, should be ashamed of himself. Who knew that a head lift incident due to a radiation damaged polar crane would vaporize the East coast. GPU, NRC, Bechtel, all named as co-conspirators in the cover up allowing unit 1 to restart. The swabbo claimed Silkwoodesque actions were taken against him inclusive of planting some weed in his car.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 02:57 »
It was terrible. They labeled him "Nuclear Operator" as if he was licensed and had him detail what lead up to the accident (very poorly and inaccurate) like he was in the control room.....he wasn't even in the state. This "documentary" is nothing but more fearmongering anti-nuke propaganda. The reenactments were hilarious and I'm quite sure they confused TMI with Fukushima. 
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline RFaunt

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 07:38 »
It was terrible. They labeled him "Nuclear Operator" as if he was licensed and had him detail what lead up to the accident (very poorly and inaccurate) like he was in the control room.....he wasn't even in the state. This "documentary" is nothing but more fearmongering anti-nuke propaganda. The reenactments were hilarious and I'm quite sure they confused TMI with Fukushima. 

We put it on last weekend in the break room to watch with a supervisor who was a tech during the U-2 cleanup. One of the contractors asked if Parks was here the day of the accident... that's how misleading it came across to have him speaking as the expert on the accident. Also, can someone explain to me what sister plant he worked at in Michigan that made him an expert? Midland was the only B&W one I could think of, and that was never completed. I was also really impressed with the boron titration methods chemistry used when they took the RCS sample. Really accurate stuff there. That bubbling brew was quite the spectacle. Overall, I like some of the archival footage, but the rest was just propaganda masquerading as a documentary. Of course there was mention of how U-1 ran exceptionally well for an additional 34 years after restart. Didn't fit the narrative of the conspiratorial murderers who had no regard for the local community.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?