Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC - Letter of Intent to Enlist Question  

Author Topic: NUPOC - Letter of Intent to Enlist Question  (Read 435 times)

Offline NUPOC_applicant

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NUPOC - Letter of Intent to Enlist Question
« on: May 14, 2022, 06:20 »
I am in the NUPOC application process, and my recruiter recently sent me some more forms to complete before sending in my package. One of these is a "letter of intent to enlist" with the following language:

1. I hereby apply for either the nuclear propulsion officer candidate (NUPOC), naval reactors engineer, or nuclear power instructor programs.

2. If selected by the Director, Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program for one of the above programs, I agree to enlist and be placed in an active or inactive status as an OC1 (E6) in the United States Navy Reserve in accordance with reference (a) or (b) as appropriate. Such enlistment will be executed following interview and prior to departing Washington, DC.

I am wondering how binding this document is. I understand that if I receive any payment from the Navy I will owe them time, but I have yet to be selected or even interviewed. I also haven't had the VIP trip. I just want to know when I am actually signing the dotted line and committing.

I'm weighing my options with another DoD scholarship, but I am still seriously considering NUPOC. Does anyone know what the "point of no return" is for the NUPOC process?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?