Bartlett

Above Average
40 (44.9%)
Average
20 (22.5%)
Below Average
29 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Old Bartlett pre-Bartlett Holdings era  (Read 240134 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
Old Bartlett pre-Bartlett Holdings era
« on: Dec 05, 2001, 12:45 »
Talk about Bartlett
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008, 06:23 by Rennhack »
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Bartlett
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2001, 09:00 »
bartlett ain't no worse than any other company. some contract's better'n others, so co-ordinators are better 'n others, some plants are better'n others, but contracts, SCs, and plants are constant; only the companies change.  ya got more people bitching about bartlett now, but that's only because bartlett has a lot of the contracts.  when numnuts had alot of contracts, they were unfair.  when the irm worms had the contracts they were lying cheats.  when rad had the contracts.......... it doesn't ever change. every company, SC, and plant have had their double secret probations.  they only are in effect until they need one more body - YOURS - then there is no more probation!  ya want a better company, start one.......it'll be good until you get big too.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 04:06 »

I worked for Bartlett at Davis Bessie. They treated me fine
and tried to keep me employed when layoffs were in the wind. Lined up a job for me, which I had to turn down because of prior commitments, but at least they offered. They're okay by me, so far.
"You can sleep when you're dead"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2002, 07:16 »
Bartlett has always treated me very well.  They always have a nice job for me when I need one, and they have NEVER, EVER messed up a check in the 12 years that I have done buisness with them.

Thank you Jerry, Eric, and Bill.

jjordan

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2002, 07:31 »
Ahhh another thread for world class whiners! Believe it or not, their is a direct corelation between your job performance and your treatment by Bartlett. :-/ I'd like to buy you for what you're worth, and sell you for what you think you're worth! Then I could go with Eric and SloGlo to Bermuda, and I'd buy ALL of the fruity drinks! ;D Ya'll need to put yourself in their positions and then maybe you would understand, but I kinda doubt it. I think it's the same bunch that can't seem to grasp the fundamentals on the NEU test. So why would you understand sound business principals. I've been on all of their lists, and I mean ALL! I understand how and why I got there, not necessarily fair, but nobody ever told me it was going to be fair. ::) I talked to Mr. Bartlett himself and he told me some things that I didn't like, but he told me straight, no BS or lies! I understood that and respected that too! I kept my nose to the grindstone, and kept it clean! Eventually I got off the bad ones, and on the good ones! :D The cream always rises to the top! ;) If you've got a problem with Bartlett, try calling someone and work through it! Eric , and Jerry were great and took care of almost anything that came up! I tried to not bother Bruce, but if push came to shove and I had to, he always took time out from his very busy scedule to listen and help me. Now just how many employees does he have? Thousands you say! Pretty remarkable ! Now quit you're whining and get back to work , if you want off the list! 8)
JJ :-*

Offline mdkent11k

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2002, 10:15 »
In my opinion people do not differentiate between Bartlett and some of the blood sucking scum recruiters they hire.

I have only spoken with Eric on a few occasions, and never the big man himself.  Eric always treated me courteously and gave me the straight dope.

There once was a recruiter named Jamie.  He was a prick.
I had enough of the DOE sight I went to for "six weeks"..  Turned out to be more than a three hour cruise.  After seven months, wanting to go work an outage, "Nope nothing open"; so NUMANCO hired me.  

Next thing I know when I show up at another Bartlett site, through many problems and interventions by the some top site people, the site coordinator ask me "What did you do to Jamie?  He told me to screw you over anyway I can."

Seems SOME recruiters forget they work for blood money.  Our Blood.

jjordan

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2002, 03:39 »
Geee, once again put yourself in their position! Do you think it's in Bartlett's best intrest to keep moving you around before their jobs are completed? ::) Some contracts might even have some clauses to protect the utlities or clients from this revolving door effect. Did you take the job when there was limited work, say in summer? Then want to jump on the first outage in the fall, couldn't just suck it up for another couple of weeks. You know you loose a bit of money when you relocate too! :-/
JJ

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2002, 05:46 »
omigod.... whotinell are yinzes bitchin about?  i been on almost as many lists as jjordan with bartlett, had a stint with my employee # onna dart board too, iffen i remember right.  never had a problem working, not always where i wanted, at least while i was onna "wrong" list, BUT, that is a business, and like jjordan alluded to, iffe ya talk to 'em, differences will be resolved.
on anudder hand, dem blue-bloods ain't no different than any other contracting co.  i been on lists with all of them.... must be my attitude that occasionally shines forth  ::)... some were easier to deal with than others, but when it comes to money, they are all the same.  bruce has the majority of the work now.  he didn't always have it - some of us can remember when he would say that he would never bid a prime contract 'cause it doesn't pay as well - and he may not have it forever.  but it is a business, and iffen yer professional, it'll work for you. and you. and you too! ;)

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2002, 05:02 »
I have never had any problems with Bartlett. I even left a job early at Millstone to return close to home for a long term job with another company. I was straightforward with Eric and Brian and they both wished me well and have gotten me jobs since. I am not even sure if they do it but if they look out for techs that work with them steady (which I don't)I can understand those techs getting first priority on jobs as they come up. If I could suggest any improvements it would be in streamlining the home office. After one outage at Brunswick it took a little to long to get my final payroll check, perdiem, bonus, and travel because they were all handled by different departments I was told. Direct Deposit wouldn't be bad either but we don't wanna go there again.  :o

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2002, 05:14 »
I gotta say that I neither love nor hate Bartlett.  At the moment, there are precious few alternatives.  Maybe I'm just not the kind of guy who expects an employer in a distant town to do back-flips to accomodate my preferences.  All I really want is for them to keep me working for a reasonable amount of time and for them to pay me when I am working.  So far, I haven't had a problem.  It helps to remember that they want the same things too.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

moodusjack

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2002, 10:48 »
My options openned up when I went consulting (degree, 25+ years comprehensive experience and CHP helped).

But as a tech, Bartlett treated me better than the rest.  No complaints, no tax problems and I even have some dim recollections of a couple of pretty hairy parties.

Offline mdkent11k

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 12, 2002, 09:46 »
Do you think it's in Bartlett's best intrest to keep moving you around before their jobs are completed?  Some contracts might even have some clauses to protect the utlities or clients from this revolving door effect. Did you take the job when there was limited work, say in summer? Then want to jump on the first outage in the fall, couldn't just suck it up for another couple of weeks. You know you loose a bit of money when you relocate too!

Gee JJOrdan, when one ASSumes he makes an Ass out of, well you.  At West Valley they released techs to go work outages, and then brought them back.  I was trying to go to a utility from a DOE site.

If someone brings me in for "six weeks" and I stay seven months, I am glad I could help, but I helped you, now you help me.  And to tell another a site coordinator to "f_ck me anyway he can", is just plain unprofessional, anyway you cut it.  I can tell you also, the site coordinator, Doug Bowman.  I know some may have a beef with him, but he treated me fairly and with respect, and judged for himself.  

When Bartlett got in a jam a year later, boy were they calling.  

And p.s. here is another good one.  Good old Bartlett tried to screw me when I did show up to the next Nuke Site.  On the security clearance, "why does some one not want to hire you back?"  The DOE site coordinator did not say that.  

So JJordan, you want to suck up to Bartlett, why not go directly to their web site and write letters of praise.

Oh and p.s. my job performance, ask anyone who has ever worked with me, I get the job done.  If I'm there I am working.  And the other Bartlett site's I worked for later.  I am welcome back at everyone of them.

jjordan

« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2002, 08:06 »
mdkent,
Wow you really let me have it! :P Sorry, but I never assumed anything. I simply stated that some utilities have these clauses in their contracts, not "all" . If Bartlett chose to move you, well I guess that this was because that this was in there best interest, wether they had to make allowances to the site you left, would be between Bartlett and the site. You and I will never know! :o They used to pull me early quite frequently, because I was assigned to do some things beyond the duties of a regular HP tech. It wasn't always good for me, but wasn't always bad either. They did their best to work with me and I tried my best to accomadate them also. You see I had an ongoing afair with "Bill", you see I had to keep paying him off! :'(
As for Doug Bowman, I've never worked for him, but I would in a heartbeat if asked. I've worked with him at several sites, and feel that he is a very good HP, a fine individual, and a good friend! ;) Now about posting a letter on their web page, I'd be glad too also if asked! :D If this is sucking up, well then so be it! I have a long term commitment, (no such thing as permenant) I no longer work for Bartlett, so I don't think that this would qaulify as sucking up! But maybe you should try it. ;)
Keep in touch, and write when you find work!  :-* :-* :-*
JJ

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2002, 09:58 »
I love Bartlett.  I love my job.  I love the people I work with.  I love my lobotomy.
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

radgal

« Reply #14 on: Aug 05, 2002, 11:57 »
No company is perfect and all problems with them are not intentional or malicious.  There are good and bad employees at all companies.  As far as Bartlett is concerned I never had a big problem with the and the ones I have had were always handled well by Eric who is far and straight forward in my opinion.  I even talked to the big man himself once and he listened to me and fixed my concern.  I know Bartlett isn't perfect but as its been stated earlier the bigger the company the more problems can crop up.  If you need help call Eric.

badradbabe

« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2002, 06:58 »
Jed,  I listened to 6 weeks of this crap when we worked at a GTS site togehter--that is until you hit the first lay-off list.  If you're not gonna do the right thing and shell out the money for a good lawyer--then just shut-up about it already.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2002, 03:59 »
"yea" for not rehiring slugs... ok for not hiring some slugs!  ;D ::)

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2002, 11:12 »
I've never personally had a problem with Bartlett. In fact Bruce (personally) went above and beyond the call to help me with a recent problem. BIGFATUGLY: Just because someone doesn't share your view doesn't mean he doesn't have a reason for it. :o I know Jedball very well and he knows my opinion on his case. That does not make him a bad tech or a slug! In fact he's a very good tech and taught me alot when I was still a Jr. 8)Don't judge what you don't know.
(off soapbox now! ::)) I agree that Eric is by far the most straight up recruiter I've dealt with. Like the other post said about Bruce; He hasn't always told me what I wanted to hear, but he did tell me the truth! He's also gone out of his way to help me where he could. Anyone who knows me would laugh if I were called a suck-up but again, where the office is concerned, your work ethic means everything!
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Havasu_Dude

« Reply #18 on: Aug 30, 2002, 01:35 »
  Nothing much to say except that I think Bartlett is a good group to work for.  When you compare them to the other option,NumbCo, Bartlett becomes great.  Maybe we should start a thread for who hates Numanco. I know I do!!! 8)

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2002, 06:17 »
I have found out over the years that a job and the company are gonna be as good as the attitude you bring with you to work. I used to be a house puke in the early 90's and you could pretty much tell who was gonna do a good job and who was gonna whine the whole time before they got badged in.(Martin Thornton... you out there? ;D )  There have been a couple of small environmental companies I worked for that struggled with getting checks to you in time and in both cases I bailed out before the ship went down. As far as Bartlett and Numanco I never had a problem with either one. I try to treat them like I want them to treat me. After 18 years so far so good! Heck even Joe Worley reated me ok... as long as i volunteered to come in on Sunday and get 12 hours for paying poker!!!

italianhpt

« Reply #20 on: Sep 16, 2002, 10:08 »
I dont Give a rats ass what you all say bartlett sucks. Do somthing good and ya dont even get a pat on the back, do somthing bad and oops your fucked.. i must say though with all the people ive delt with eric is one of the better more caring people.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #21 on: Sep 16, 2002, 12:18 »
italianhp.....o what' yer sayin is that bartlett is like a real life example of "atta boy/aw shit" ?

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Sep 17, 2002, 10:11 »
Well I can't complain, always got a job and a check. And any problems I've had were always taken care of.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2002, 11:40 »

Well I can't complain, always got a job and a check. And any problems I've had were always taken care of.

Well I can complain---Roadrat, Housemouse, Union, NonUnion, or just plain Contract Road-cone. always got a job and a check. And any problems I've had were taken care of eventully one way or the other! :o
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The darkside wins in the end
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Haz-Mater

« Reply #24 on: Oct 31, 2002, 07:05 »
If road Techs stopped whining and complaining, then Rennack would be out of a web site.

Back to the subject...Bartlett ain't that bad.  I have worked for Bartlett, IRM, and ARC.  Even though Bartlett is no dream company, they were a lot better than the other two.  You will have your pros and cons with any company.

Chimera

« Reply #25 on: Nov 03, 2002, 04:34 »
I guess I've just been blessed all my years on the road.  I started teching with Anefco back in the mid 70's.  I've never had any problems with any employer . . . but I have been picky about whom I've been willing to work for.  I have never had a problem with Bartlett since I first started working for them back in the early 80's.  Heck, they even let me play Site Coordinator once.  I stay with Bartlett now because I pretty much know what to expect from them: No problems with pay or perdiem, decent (though not stellar) benefits and good advice when I'm scrounging for my next job (thanks Eric).  I guess it don't get no better than this out here in Road Warrior land.

Mike

P.S.
Hey Mike -- where's the spell checker???

Fermione

« Reply #26 on: Dec 04, 2002, 05:59 »
:)I have had the pleasure to work for Numanco when they began in Pawtucket RI.  Yes that was a long time ago.  Charley was a great guy who treated us well and we loved working for him even if it meant spending time at IP 2.  Never really had any interest in changing companies but the ever changing owners of Numanco (Westinghouse & NSS) helped to hasten my decision.  While I was the Numanco Site Coordinator at Salem and Hope Creek I had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with Roxanne form Bartlett (Scroggy and I shared a phone).  She kept asking when I was going to come and work for Bartlett.  I finally gave in at Palo Verde in 95.  Couldn't have worked out any better.  Bruce has been very nice to me as well as Jerry, Nick, Bill T. and everyone else I deal with in Plymouth.  It's been seven years and have had as good of a time as a roadie can have after four years of college and 20+ traveling from Maine (summer student 1979) to California.  Bartlett pays what they tell you they are going to pay and you can be sure the check will clear, remember ARC at Vermont Yankee back in 88.  As fate would go, Roxanne has a sister here in Michigan, we met and have dated for over three years.  Enjoy the holiday season.  It's snow covered and cold (9 degrees F) here in Michigan!

RemBoy

« Reply #27 on: Dec 06, 2002, 05:25 »
They've always been good to me.

PANDTEMERT

« Reply #28 on: Aug 23, 2003, 05:44 »
BARTLETT HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD TO ME! T :)

Offline Jill

• Senior HP, everybodies whippin' biach, the list goes on...
  • Light User
« Reply #29 on: Aug 23, 2003, 09:03 »
This is only the 2nd time I've worked for Bartlett.  They have been good to me, but maybe I am not a good reference since its only been twice.  The only problem I had was the site coordinator at my first Bartlett job.  What an a**!  And his sidekick, double a**!
What I can say for sure is, my site coordinator here at Fernald is the greatest!  I really enjoy my job here!  Thanks, Jim, you're the greatest boss, others shouyld be so lucky!

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #30 on: Aug 25, 2003, 05:48 »
Bartlett,hum ,comment,,it's the American way.I know a few techs that in the old days,(1987 OR SO) THAT Bartlett kept working.Some of these guys ,whew, you couldn't give them any kind of test,drug or otherwise.I worked with Barlett when the great IP2 SCANDAL went down.Personally I HAVEN'T HAD MANY A PROBLEM WITH THEM,I CAUSED PLENTY THOUGH.Don' get me wrong I WAS A AND STILL IS (AM) A HARD WORKER.A company that can put up with a  [smiley=nono.gif] like my ex has to be on point.I give them a   (y)Thankfully things have changed a bit,or have they.God bless ya :-? :-?Wait you said no direct deposit,I'M SHOCKED, THAT'S NOT EVEN AMERICAN [smiley=shockwhore.gif]
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #31 on: Oct 09, 2003, 11:00 »
Hey, Bartlett's the shizzle.....

Eric found a brotha some work, so I can keep providing for me and the fam....the checks come every week w/o fail, and if there's an issue, it'll GET resolved....fo shizzle.

Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #32 on: Oct 10, 2003, 05:14 »
  I met Bruce in 1980, at the Peach.  I was a house mouse at the time and attended several of his Social Gatherings, at Rocky & Pat's houses.  Although I never worked for Bartlett until 1992, we ran into each other on many occassions, at many sites.  Usually working for a rival company!  Bruce had a good grasp on the business and he knew, even his competators techs, where his perspective employees!  I have to admit, in the past 23 years the man has never lied to me, other than telling me I owed him a favor! LMAO

As for some of his Managers....Let's just say a very different story!  One thing I have learned with Bartlett and other companies, I don't take a job without knowing who's in charge of the site.  That mean who's in charge, in the home office and all the way down to the site supervision!  This would be a good suggestion for everybody!  As with all companies, there are just some people not worth getting involved with,( Not even for $100.00 hr and $200.00 Day )!  After commiting, if I find out I've been lied to, the clock starts ticking!  I start looking for a new job the moment it happens and there really isn't any way of reversing the process!  

Actually I will only deal with one individual at the Bartlett office and their assistant.  Call it a situation of loyalty, or whatever!  If this individual went to work for another company, he know's he has techs.  But there are also about ten other individual in the industry, I would do the same for!  Are they perfect?  Not really, but at least they will openly inform you of what is happening and the options available.  I've seen many promises made to techs to keep them in place for leverage on the rival companies, only to be on the breadline when the leverage is no longer required!  Who makes the promises, I don't know, it hasn't happened to me, I don't buy into speculation!  

As for other companies?  There are actually a bunch out there!  If you are dedicated to a stay at home situation, then you are pretty much dependent on Bartlett, Numanco, or whatever company is in your area.  If you are willing to travel and like adventure, there are a ton of jobs to be had, even in other countries!

DainJer

« Reply #33 on: Oct 10, 2003, 10:18 »
I being a lowly carpenter can only speak from the viewpoint of the Tech's that Bartlett sends to jobs.
A few stick out as being great.
John Burns
Delisha Parker
Ken
Robin
Carol (she covered a few fun days in the valve room where the smear went airborne, actually the first time i have had to wear double's while building scaffolding, and the only time i deconned scaffolding for 3 days straight)

This in no way means other techs from other companies aren't good, Exelon has been my mainstay for outages and with that comes Bartlett techs.

To the uninformed, it would seem his double secret probation works in theory :)

workinman

« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2003, 06:08 »
All the bitching, all the whining, the bottom line is:  If you don't like working for Bartlett, find somebody else to work for!  I'm not flying the Bartlett flag or anything like that, just offering a solution.  Yes Bruce has the majority of the contracts but there is a multitude of employers out there providing services in our line of work.  If you are worth a shit then you won't have any problems staying employed with Bruce or anyone else!

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 2003, 12:23 »
I've never had any problems with Bartlett.  Worked for them a bunch in the eighties, then went house (as the handle implies)and I now work for Bartlett again.  
The checks have always been right and on time.  The jobs have been pretty much as advertised and Bartlett keeps me employed.
If I wasn't happy I'd move on (as I did in leaving the house job).
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

DeathDose

« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2003, 08:34 »
Had a call last week from somebody saying they were doing a RCT satisfaction survey about/for Bartlett Nuclear.  Anyone else hear about this?

Austria

« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2003, 08:36 »
nope...first I've heard of it.

tonynuke

« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2003, 11:01 »
I got one too, which is funny because I have never worked for them?   ???

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2003, 02:59 »
I too received this. I have had many conversations with Bruce and have done much business with his company, but I have never worked for him. I agree with Mike.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2003, 06:54 »
Sounds like shades of the ANS Survey saga of a couple of months ago.   ::)
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

DainJer

« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2003, 09:04 »
Bruce usually reads postings....he would surely mention that it's on the "up and up".

Maybe he only called the people he's trying to remove from double secret probation??

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #42 on: Nov 18, 2003, 02:22 »
Maybe it's another attempt at unonization.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #43 on: Nov 18, 2003, 03:18 »
my mailbox is empty..... ::)

Offline Paladin

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #44 on: Nov 18, 2003, 12:11 »
Let me put it this way: I was supposed to be working in Oak Ridge right now, but I got stiffed by a Bartlett recruiter. I was encouraged to leave my employment at the time to get to Oak Ridge by a certain date "If I ever wanted to work at Oak Ridge."

Just before I left the midpoint of my trip to TN, I learned that the recruiter had placed some else in the position because I could not be reached during my move. I didn't even hear the words "I'm sorry." All that I have gotten is the standard recruiter BS email saying, "Call me." Rude, to say the least.

Now, I am unemployed without unemployment compensation eligability. Happy Holidays! Thanks Bartlett!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #45 on: Nov 18, 2003, 12:30 »
It's real, self-audit by an outside company so we can improve.

I stand corrected.  The survey is real.  Tell them the truth, and help the industry improve.

(I had seen too many fakes lately, and "assumed"... and you know what happens when you ass-u-me.)

alphadude

« Reply #46 on: Nov 18, 2003, 10:06 »
dang did mike get your job????  always get any agreement in writing even if its on email- that makes it legal.. and u have some change of getting a contractual breech-not in writing u are being chumped...

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Nov 19, 2003, 11:38 »

I have heard that Bartlett has changed.  Guess that old habits die hard.  Nice to know it is still business as usual in Plymouth.  I will have to be really hungry before they get to bill for me again.  They have no honor, something that is increasingly rare in any business these days.  To Bruce:  You used to run a great company then you put your faith people who put business first and always foremost.  This disrespects all the good people who made your company as big as it is.  I, for one, am not impressed by size.  I am impressed by honesty, professionalism, and a belief that I can depend on the home office.  These qualities have been lacking and apparently are still lost on Plymouth.  You are either a Warren Buffet, who understands his work force, or a Kenneth Lay who would walk over his own mother for the sake of a buck.  I know what I want your company to be, but I also know what my perception of your company is.  Only you can change it.

The person that recruits for Oak Ridge is not from the Plymouth Office , it is a separate entity almost.  Ask Eric for a Job in Oak Ridge, and he'll tell you to call some one else.  So don't confuse that message above with "business as usual" at Plymouth, because it isn't.  In fact, Bartlett just hired an outside firm to survey past/present employees to find ways to improve the company.

Heck, I personally haven't had a problem since Judy left...

If the "Oak Ridge" recruiter needs help, let’s help... But I'll tell you one thing; you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.... and you have only heard one side of the story.  Make informed decisions, and one-sided stories are not informed.  I feel bad for the guy that quit his job with out having an offer letter in hand.  But who quits a permanent job on a recruiter’s word alone?  Who is incommunicado for a week at a time before a major job change?

I checked in to this story and here is the rest of the story, the part he didn’t tell you.  Bartlett submitted his resume, and security rejected it.  Bartlett then tried to contact the guy for a week.  – I personally contact the recruiter a few days before I am supposed to be on site, to verify that the job is still a ‘go’, as the nuclear world changes quickly.  And if I suspected that there might be a problem with my security clearance, I’d be on the phone every day.  (In fact, I WAS on the phone every day, and I didn’t have any of those issues.)

Before jumping on the bandwagon, get the facts.

Offline Paladin

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #48 on: Nov 19, 2003, 01:51 »
Correction:

I, "The Guy", was sent the security application while I was packing my things in an out-of-town suite to leave for Oak Ridge. It was a last minute add-on just before I left Idaho. I sent what little information that I had and warned Anne ahead of time that it would be scant. At least they would have my signatures and a copy of my birth cerificate to get started with. That application should have been sent to me earlier while I had resources available to me and not at the last minute. I had no idea that there was a problem with the application, therefore I couldn't "be on the phone every 15 minutes" while I was towing a trailer acrossed the country.

I told Anne exactly where I would be be over the next few days and that I would not have email.

FYI. Two days does not equal a week. Also, I did personally contact the recruiter a few days before I was supposed to be on plant site and was told that my start date had been "postponed".

By all means.Get the facts straight.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #49 on: Nov 19, 2003, 05:24 »
Correction:

I, "The Guy", was sent the security application while I was packing my things in an out-of-town suite to leave for Oak Ridge. It was a last minute add-on just before I left Idaho. I sent what little information that I had and warned Anne ahead of time that it would be scant. At least they would have my signatures and a copy of my birth cerificate to get started with. That application should have been sent to me earlier while I had resources available to me and not at the last minute. I had no idea that there was a problem with the application, therefore I couldn't "be on the phone every 15 minutes" while I was towing a trailer acrossed the country.

I told Anne exactly where I would be be over the next few days and that I would not have email.

FYI. Two days does not equal a week. Also, I did personally contact the recruiter a few days before I was supposed to be on plant site and was told that my start date had been "postponed".

By all means. Get the facts straight.

Kind sir,

The short story is that you turned in an incomplete security form.  You cannot work at an L cleared facility with out a complete security questionnaire.  No reason you give me or the viewers of this site will shift the blame to a recruiter because you did not fill out the questionnaire fully.  Oak Ridge security needs about two weeks to approve a COMPLETED security application, and will not consider anything less.  The recruiter did not lie to you.  From what I understand, they are still waiting for you to finish the application, so that they can give you the job.  Perhaps your time would be better service gathering the information for your security form and sending it in.

I was given the same security form the same day you were. I was on the road as well, and I returned it the same day, completed in full.  And I started work Monday.  A few days short of the two weeks that Oak Ridge prefers to have.

I’m sure I haven’t made a friend out of you, because I have corrected you, for that I am sorry.  But I cold not let you libel a good lady.  Would it have been great if she sent you the form months earlier?  Sure.  Would it have been great of you to fill out the form as requested?  Sure.  Simply telling her that you were not going to do it correctly does not make it acceptable.

Come by my office when you get on site, and I’ll give you a NukeWorker sticker…
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2005, 03:09 by RDTroja »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #50 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:17 »
Let’s get this message back on topic:

What I love about Bartlett…

I absolutely LOVE how Bruce takes care of Payroll.  With a few thousand people on the payroll, they seldom make a mistake.  When reported, the mistake is corrected within 24 hours (as in FedEx next day 9am).  Payroll is very important to Bruce, and it’s important to me.  This is one of the many reasons I admire his company.  He pay’s weekly, not bi-weekly.  He sends you money in advance as a standard practice (Show up to work, and a few checks are there waiting for you.)

(Disclaimer:  I’m currently working for Bartlett, but my story remains the same.)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #51 on: Dec 05, 2003, 06:39 »
I have worked for Bartlett, and I don't know how they handle payroll problems: they were flawless each time. Loking forward to work for them again in the future. :)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 23, 2003, 09:21 »
To All Nukeworker's: About Bartlett Nuclear.
Did you guys know about all the give backs Bartlett has to pay? I know not much of you will shed a tear for Bruce. But most of his contracts are loaded with clauses for Safety & Staffing. For instance if 1 Tech gets an OSHA reportable that’s 10%* give back. *Not a real number.  If Bartlett does not fully staff an outage. Bartlett has to make up the difference in pay back to the company. There's a lot of risk out there. I too was on double secret probation! After the 2 year's! I gave them 2 year's probation. As I always say you guys have a lot of power. You just don't know how to use it. Bartlett has always paid me on time. After that the rest was window dressing... DJ
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?