Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bitcoin Miners Shut as Texas Power Grid Nears Brink honeypot

Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners Shut as Texas Power Grid Nears Brink  (Read 146 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
This may belong in PolySci but I tried to be more middle of the road. I am sure some will not agree but it is pro nuclear so here I go.

Climate alarmists whose predictions have fallen short consistently are demanding actions that make no sense. Temperature predictions that are consistently too high compared to measured temperatures to predicted climate events like an ice free arctic have been proven false. Electric cars may be practical in the future but like a lot of what environmentalists want it is a "crisis" and they want it now. They listened to a 16-year-old stomp her little foot and shout "how dare you" but ignored scientists who oppose the "climate alarmist" point of view. Fossil fuels need to be phased out they are responsible for many deaths each year on one hand, but cheap energy saves lives on the other hand. The deaths are in poorer countries so those not affected as much... I will let you fill in the rest of that. I have worked in the nuclear world since I got out of high school starting with the Navy's Nuclear Propulsion Program. Small modular reactors (SMR) have a lot promise and are just over the horizon. The reactors on my two submarines were SMRs. Two SMRs are projected to be built within 10 miles of where I live in the next few years. These small reactors can be used not just for the power grid but can be a power source for Bitcoin mining steel production (a major source of emissions) and other isolated high energy demands.

Ok, rant is winding down to summarize environmentalist are passionate but not wise. They want change now or you will be called a denier part of what Charles Krauthammer called a lexicological war. These luxury beliefs are the passionate side of the argument which also opposes nuclear options (slowly changing). This rant was triggered by this article on power grids overload while the climate alarmists want to push us into electric cars on their unrealistic time line.

:old:

Rant over

"I feel much better now" Buddy from Night Court ;)

[coffee]

Bitcoin Miners Shut as Texas Power Grid Nears Brink

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/bitcoin-miners-shut-off-rigs-as-texas-power-grid-nears-brink/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?