Enercon

Above Average
8 (50%)
Average
3 (18.8%)
Below Average
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Enercon  (Read 26505 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Enercon
« on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:12 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Re: Enercon
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:17 »
I currently work for Enercon.  As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out after 6 months.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Offline Brigrat

• Moderate User
  • Go Chargers!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2007, 09:31 »
I have never worked for Enercon, but I have worked with them a few times.  There senior mngt. is top notch, and they seem to pay competitively. 

Overall, good company.

LaFeet

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2007, 10:49 »
 I worked for Enercon Services for several years.... first at Sandia National Labs and then at a D & D project in Oklahoma.

All in all a good experience for me.  Some bugs with the area management, but the upper and local managers were all superb.

Marvin

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2007, 10:23 »
I have been with Enercon for five years now.  They have always treated me well and paid me on time.  They are willing to hear about the issues (like escalating medical costs) and they have done things to improve benefits when they realize issues exist.  They have given me no reason to complain in the last five years and I believe they are as good or better than the other contract companies out there.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2007, 10:52 »
I worked for Enercon Services for several years.... first at Sandia National Labs and then at a D & D project in Oklahoma.

All in all a good experience for me.  Some bugs with the area management, but the upper and local managers were all superb.

I nearly went to work for them at the same D&D job at Kerr-Mcgee, OK 8 years ago. That is until I read their contract offer in detail and found out the medical was going to run me $1000 bucks a month! No vacation pay until you were there a year, and only 5 paid holidays. No thanks. I decided to pass. Maybe they pay better now, but I doubt it.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2007, 09:54 »
I took a six week job with Enercon 12 years ago.  Five sites later, I'm still with them, setting personal employment records every day.  Any problems that I have encountered have been dealt with rapidly and professionally by manager level and Human Resources.  Payroll is correct and on time.  They have been using DD since the last millenium. 
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

LaFeet

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2007, 05:12 »
I nearly went to work for them at the same D&D job at Kerr-Mcgee, OK 8 years ago. That is until I read their contract offer in detail and found out the medical was going to run me $1000 bucks a month! No vacation pay until you were there a year, and only 5 paid holidays. No thanks. I decided to pass. Maybe they pay better now, but I doubt it.

As for the pay  I liked it and the hours - perfect.

Sad to say that this gravy train is no more.  I was one of the last to leave the Kerr-McGee site...only t get thrown into the outage turmoil we all love.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2007, 09:18 »
I can't say any thing bad because there wasn't any!  I worked for ESI for 5+ years and would go back.  I'm currently working with a couple of folks that say the same thing.

Depending on employment status and contract insurance can be expensive - but it is very good.  My wife had major illness and surgery while I was with them and we had absolutely no problem with coverage.

Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 03, 2007, 09:29 »
Well it's now been 22 months as a full time employee with Enercon and I think it's a decent company.  The people I work with are genuine and there is no politics or other BS to deal with.
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

L._LaGarde

« Reply #10 on: Oct 03, 2007, 02:11 »

Been here 11 years.  Paychecks are on time and accurate, ESOP puts free money in the bank, bennies are better than average, lots of health insurance plan options, managers and HR treat you like a human being (whether or not you are one).

Like any other employer, the pay and bennies for temp jobs will vary.  Sounds like the KM job was not the right one for you.  That does not provide much of a basis for your "doubts" about whether the pay is better now.

LaFeet

« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2007, 10:59 »
Been here 11 years.  Paychecks are on time and accurate, ESOP puts free money in the bank, bennies are better than average, lots of health insurance plan options, managers and HR treat you like a human being (whether or not you are one).

Like any other employer, the pay and bennies for temp jobs will vary.  Sounds like the KM job was not the right one for you.  That does not provide much of a basis for your "doubts" about whether the pay is better now.

Hey Lew... Imma still out here if you need me.  Currently helping out at DC Cook. Would love another ENERCON position.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?