Aerotek

Above Average
2 (18.2%)
Average
3 (27.3%)
Below Average
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Aerotek  (Read 28192 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Aerotek
« on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:18 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Aerotek
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2006, 09:55 »
Had no problems yet.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2007, 05:55 »
i am DEAD serious about this post.  i have been contacted by or have contacted 5 aerotek offices in 4 states over the past three years.  they NEVER contacted me after the original contact--i always had to keep calling them.  i never got even the sniff of a hire, and do not know of anyone who has been hired for either nuke or environmental work.  they always had excuses (the hp is out of town, the money isn't in yet, etc.).  most recently was a rct job in virginia at a doe site (i didn't even know one existed in that state) that they advertised on careerbuilder a few weeks ago.  i sent my resume as requested and heard nothing.  i called a few days later and the guy was very vague about who had hired them and ASKED ME HOW MUCH i wanted--as if they didn't have any contract in place.  i called a few days later and the "hp is out of town".  a few days later it was "i'm sitting down now with the accounts manager".  so finally yesterday i called and it was "i'm still waiting for the go ahead", so i asked him if they really ever had any work and how did they make money to keep all the offices open (he was again vague).  if anyone has been AN EMPLOYEE (not a contractor) of this company, please let me know via inbox because i will pony up all the money to open a staffing office with you as partner, advertise jobs, collect resumes, never hire anyone, and collect tons of money, and retire in 5 years.  I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS OFFER if you have sufficient inside info.   

cbramsey

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2007, 02:56 »
I was doing MOV testing at Callaway through Onsite which later became Aerotek.  I was dealing with the Kansas City office.  I was the first person they had at Callaway and they ended up with about 20 people there in various capacities (planning, system engineering, etc.) before I went in house at Callaway.

I thought they were good people to deal with.   

I say all of the above items took place 7 years ago.  So "your mileage may vary".   ;D

Offline Tina

• Moderate User
  • Face wht your afraid of, Find out wht your made of
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2007, 03:45 »
 :) I've recently tried to contact them to submitt my resume. They have ran me around just to have me post my resume on thingamajob which I had already done before all their nonsence  ::) now they want me to call their local office in my area  ::) seems like a waste of time to me  :-\

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2007, 04:09 »
Tina, i believe you have stumbled onto the answer to my previous post--they must make their money BY SELLING RESUMES.  in my opinion, NO LEGITIMATE staffing company would use a third party to collect resumes--not bartlett, not egg, not alcoa, not ge, not prudential.........not any.  just like when you register on the other job boards (like monster) and you're soon flooded with emails from companies wanting to hire you after they "saw" your resume online even though your resume is for ehs and the companies sending the emails are banks and life insurance cos.  thingamajob MUST pay aerotek for resumes--sure, aerotek may find people a few jobs here and there per year (probably about .001% of all applicants find a job) just to make their company appear legit by outsiders.  i think i'll ask my brother-in-law/senior irs agent to look into how aerotek makes its money--if this is it, a partnership may be in your future.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2007, 04:12 by mars88 »

Offline guppy

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:09 »
I've worked for Aerotek twice.  The first time was 11 years ago and it was for 2 months out of the Boston office (it was Onsite at that time).  The second time was 4 months ago for a 4 month contract which just ended.  Both times they were exactly the same.  They had no idea what I was actually going to do at the job and they seemed better suited to being used car salesmen.  Not a good place to work for unless that's all you can get at the time.
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:48 »
It must be different in other locations because I worked for them for about 2 years in Oak Ridge and it was probably the best I have been treated by a contractor since I have been on the road. Any questions or problems were quickly replied to. The recruiters usually took us out to eat once a quarter to places like Outback and the had a very good benefit package also. When diem ran dry after a year they adjusted the hourly rate to more than make up for it. I would love another job with them with the sweet deal they had.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:53 »
It must be different in other locations because I worked for them for about 2 years in Oak Ridge and it was probably the best I have been treated by a contractor since I have been on the road. Any questions or problems were quickly replied to. The recruiters usually took us out to eat once a quarter to places like Outback and the had a very good benefit package also. When diem ran dry after a year they adjusted the hourly rate to more than make up for it. I would love another job with them with the sweet deal they had.

The Oak Ridge group even invited me to their Christmas dinner that they had for their employees (Sagebrush).  I can't comment on anyone out side of OakRridge, but the Oak Ridge folks are top notch.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2007, 12:35 »
I think they are a ghost.  Tried to look into working for them a couple of times in the past and then never heard from them again.

I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2007, 05:13 »
I have worked for them when they had the contract with Exelon, I had no problem with them. As a matter of fact they called me for other related jobs. They usually deal with professional contracts more than a technician level.

Offline Paladin

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2007, 08:33 »
Overall, I like Aerotek. They are very nice people and good to work with. JJ is great. I, however, did not go to either the Outback or Sagebrush! Hmmmm.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2008, 01:06 »
Working for them now. Thumbs down, reminds me of the old days with folks running the business out of a phone booth. They have no policy for contractors, so they make it up as they go. Might be OK in other locations, but the Alameda office needs help.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Dexter77

• Lurker
This company won't pay me the travel mileage they promised.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2012, 12:43 »
In my 30+ years as an I&C Tech, I've worked for a number of different companies, but my last nuke assignment was with AeroTek.
I never heard of them (in the Nuke Industry) and never worked for them before.

Well, my beef is that I was offered $0.55/mile travel to and from, as part of my compensation package. But, more than 40 days after completing the assignment successfully, I still have not been paid my travel, a sum of $1903.00

I've been lobbing emails back and forth with my sole point of contact, the recruiter who called me initially. He tried to do all his talking on the phone, but at the 30 day mark I insisted all further communication be in writing (email). If I send him an email, he will reply, saying all the right things (well, almost saying them) and yet the check has not arrived. If I don't prod him, he just remains silent.

I'm pretty disappointed. This is what they call "dealing in bad faith" (or more pointedly, bait and switch). I'm not sure what I can do about it. Anyone out there have some suggestions?

One colleague told me I need to go to the US Department of Labor, but their website states they only deal with Hourly Wage issues.

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: This company won't pay me the travel mileage they promised.
« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:02 »
Did they give you an offer letter stating that? If they did, you have a case.

a better point of contact should be the payroll office. I doubt the recruiter can do much. Always go to payroll for issues. that is not really the recruiters department, i'm surprised he hasn't directed you there already. This is not a defense of the recruiter, just pointing out the better place to go.

with your proof you can also put a lien on the company which will impact their ability to get contracts. I've seen that actually work.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:24 »
Check PMs

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #16 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:25 »
Move your post over to here;

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4973.0.html

You will get better response in the appropriate thread,...

People's minds are starting in the right place,...

8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jun 20, 2012, 01:35 »
Move your post over to here;

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4973.0.html

You will get better response in the appropriate thread,...

People's minds are starting in the right place,...

8)

Done

Offline Dexter77

• Lurker
Re: Aerotek - delays in paying mileage reimbursement
« Reply #18 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:54 »
All hail the power of social media!  Thanks to everyone for your willingness to assist me.

It wasn't two days after I posted here, that I got calls and emails from my recalcitrant recruiter, with full details
(including an attachment of the reimursement form) of how AeroTek was going to take care of this issue.
I'm guessing someone from the head office got wind of this and looked into it.

Today I got a second email from him, stating unequivocally that he expected to mail me the check himself next Wednesday.
Reading between the lines, I gather that this expense wasn't even submitted to the client until yesterday.

I'll believe "whatever it was he said" AFTER the check clears...

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #19 on: Jun 22, 2012, 10:58 »
Congrats on a positive outcome.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?