Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Al Eidson honeypot

Author Topic: Al Eidson  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Randy Redmond

• Light User
Al Eidson
« on: Jul 26, 2022, 04:25 »
Met Al at Brunswick in 78/79.  Worked and hung out with him many times.   Many of my good RP memories include Al.  RIP my friend.  You will be missed.  https://fb.watch/ew1LQyXXf4/        https://thompsonsfuneral.com/tribute/details/273736/Alton-Eidson/obituary.html

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Al Eidson
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2022, 05:52 »
Worked with Al late 70s early 80s at a couple of plants. My condolences to his family.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2022, 08:11 »
I also worked with Al several times in the 70s and 80s. It would be hard to find a finer man. I remember more than a few good long conversations with him. This is very sad news. Another old friend gone. RIP, sir... you deserve it.

My heartfelt condolences to all of his family.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2022, 02:35 »
Al was one of the first Site Coordinators that took me under his wing and taught me allot about the industry back in the early 90's . Always had a kind word, was able to deliver criticism in a way that it was palatable, and always had a minute to talk.  My heart goes out to his family.  Thank you Al for all you did.  You will be missed.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline arizonie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2022, 01:13 »
Al will be missed, He was one of the first Renta Techs in the late 70's with Chuck Pierce/Numanco.
I had the pleasure of working many outages with Al from Millstone in 92 till his last outage at Fermi.
He led by example and earned the respect of many.
Glad he had some good years to enjoy his retirement,  RIP my friend.
Andrew Plas
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2022, 01:14 by arizonie »
"JUST WIN BABY"

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2022, 09:24 »
Al was one of a kind. We worked together on his last job. I remember he climbed to the 4th floor of Fermi's drywell, the upper collar of the reactor, and drug a lead blanket 180 degrees to the other side. You weren't going to outwork Al even at the end of his career. I will miss our phone calls. RIP Al. You earned it. Jonathan Ernst

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2022, 04:30 »
Al instructed me on the fine art of lead hanging at Fermi 2. He was a kind man, and a hard worker.

Offline isocs

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2022, 02:17 »
Worked with Al in 81, 82, and 83 at Oconee. Last job with him was at VC Summer in 89. He was a good person and excellent HP.
isocs

Offline urtall12

• Lurker
  • a little nukie never hurt anyone
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2022, 08:16 »
Dang it Al....  I worked with Al in 88 and 89 at VC Summer...  great man.  He was supposed to come visit me in idaho last year..  I was hoping to see him this year as he comes through to see his daughter in Wyoming.  Great tech, he will surely be missed.

Offline RadEngineer

• Light User
  • It Is What We Make It
« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2022, 10:44 »
Al was a fine fellow, and a hard worker. That's a tough combination to find.
 Yes, we'll all miss him that worked with him... he set a great example hanging the lead at Fermi...."Paint it Yellow!"
Bye Al....been an honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?