Kelly Services

Above Average
2 (20%)
Average
2 (20%)
Below Average
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Kelly Services  (Read 31258 times)

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Info on Kelly Services????
« Reply #25 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:19 »
Back to the original question by Merlin.

I currently work for Kelly at ORNL.  Like Mr. Warren has said, the paycheck arrives on time.  That is great but I have had little support from them on other issues.  The SEC alliance runs the place out here.  From what I have seen that means SEC.  Kelly is only a body supplier, they have nothing to do with the actual workings of the place.  Also, unless you know someone or have some kind of inside information you don't really have a choice of where you are assigned (i.e, soils/sediment, MVHI, NHF, etc.).  I was not happy with the location that I was assigned, contacted Kelly to try and change my assignment and didn't get any help whatsoever.  Got a lot of lip service but no real help.

If you are looking to move to the Oak Ridge area and want to work as an RCT, Kelly is a good place to start.  Jusy try to get them to nail down where you are going to work and that it meets your expectations.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:45 »
tntplayer,

As you stated, Kelly is a body supplier.  They can not dictate where SEC decides to place you.  You would be better served trying to talk to your supervisor for a transfer, if a position comes open.

To put it in power plant terms, If Bartlett sends you to an outage; the utility decides where to put you.  Bartlett can not dictate that you will be on the refuel floor.  If you want to be relocated, you do not call Bartlett, and complain that you do not like your work location.  You talk to the utility supervision or your site coordinator, and ask for a job relocation if one comes available, and your skill set warrants it.

Offline tntplayer

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 01, 2005, 09:55 »
Reply to above.

I did!  I went to Kelly AFTER going through the proper "chain of command" channels.  I was just trying to give infromation to Merlin about what to expect.  Not to obtain advice.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 01, 2005, 10:08 »
Tnt and Mike,
                   Those are excellent points. TNT, I understand what you were trying to do. When I came here, I already had a pretty good idea where I was going. I will speak to the Kelly folks about posting a response, so they can clear up some confusion.

SEC does control the assignments on the reservation. Its very much like any other company. If you knew Joe Worley, you got a good job with DNI, CE, PSESI, etc. If you knew John Ellison, you got a good job with Numanco. If you knew Bruce, you got a good job with Bartlett. And so on and so on.

This industry was founded on the GOBN (Good Ole Boy Network). If you are on the inside, you win. If you are on the outside, you hope for a good assignment, until you can join the GOBN. Like it or not, this is what we work in. We have all created this monster and are all still sucked into it, until we can move on.

Merlin, as it was posted earlier, get all the info you can before you sign the proverbial dotted line. Take the posts to heart when considering your next jobsite, and make a educated decision for your career.

johniim

« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2005, 12:28 »
No it wasn't oak ridge, and it wasn't the job assignment. I won't disclose the exact location other than to say it's approx. an hour and a half west of B.F.E. The person I delt with was in charge of that particular office. That person was also the one who said "it's just outside of ------ near the airport" that was the location of the corporate office the job site was an hour and a half bus ride west. One day the bus ride home took four hours but that was because there was a naked guy with six bullet holes in him running around the highway. I don't want to give any names because I don't want to be deleted like my comments on a forum about that site.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Kelly Services
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2005, 08:50 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Kelly Services
« Reply #31 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:34 »
I heard that Kelly Techs were going back to work for SEC.  Anyone have news about this?

diliigaf

« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2006, 05:02 »
I heard that Kelly Techs were going back to work for SEC.  Anyone have news about this?
8)
      Mike,
 You heard correctly... As of May 1 all Kelly techs are rolling over to SEC...
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006, 05:03 by dilligaf »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #33 on: Apr 08, 2006, 07:31 »
The word on the streets of Oak Ridge is that they are laying off somewhere between 60-80 technicians real soon. (That should light up the SEC switchboard)

Anyway, please be advised that is a rumor, and we all know rumors are never true....... :P

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #34 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:24 »
Good company to work for. They did everything they said they would and checks were always on time.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #35 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:12 »
Not my 1st choice, in Oak Ridge anyway, but their biggest problem (when I worked for them) now works for their biggest rival in town, so go figure who is the best now.

Below Average, based on past experience, could only get better.
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?