Career Path > Outages

Contractor and house techs - we need your perspective!

(1/3) > >>

HHTOForsker:
Hi, I’m a researcher studying outage work in nuclear power plants for the OECD/NEA Halden Human-Technology-Organization Project (https://ife.no/en/project/halden-hto/).

I am looking for contractor and house techs who do outage work to participate in a study about what influences the ability to perform well (safely, correctly) in this unique work environment. Much of our knowledge in this area is not based on input from outage workers themselves, so we are looking to correct this.

Participation in the study would involve taking part in a 90-minute focus group (a collective interview with 6-8 participants), which would be held online in October-November this year. I am looking for 16-24 participants in total, split into 3-4 focus groups.

Focus group participants will be paid $150 as a thank you for your time and contribution. We can also pay a “finder’s fee” to people who help us recruit participants for the study.

Send me a pm if you want to talk more about this opportunity. If you believe you can recruit participants for the study, let me know and we can agree on the number of recruits and the financial terms beforehand.

Rennhack:

--- Quote from: HHTOForsker on Sep 07, 2022, 05:14 --- in October-November this year.

--- End quote ---

October-November is Fall outage season, Contractors are working 13 hour days, 7 days a week.  You would have better luck if you could do it in December.

HHTOForsker:
Thanks for that feedback! Desember is also an option. We can also arrange 1-1 interviews to accommodate individual schedules. Really hope to hear from some of you!!

Marlin:

--- Quote from: HHTOForsker on Sep 08, 2022, 02:34 ---Thanks for that feedback! Desember is also an option. We can also arrange 1-1 interviews to accommodate individual schedules. Really hope to hear from some of you!!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: fiveeleven on Sep 08, 2022, 10:42 ---"Desember is also an option."

Perhaps Octsober/ Nomember will work for some.

--- End quote ---

HHTOForsker curmudgeons abound on Nukeworker, guilty myself at times, but so does a great source of knowledge/experiences. Sometimes one and the same.

[coffee]

Marlin:

--- Quote from: fiveeleven on Sep 08, 2022, 06:12 ---Curmudgeon - a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man. The cube root of 2.62 e+5 aint that old really. Dont wrestle with idiots....Dont argue with pigs.

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm... not really arguing, included myself in that category and mentioned that the curmugeons were a good source of information. Was a general comment but when you throw a rock in a pig pen it's the one you hit that squeals.

[devious]  [whistle]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version