Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Contractor and house techs - we need your perspective!
honeypot

Author Topic: Contractor and house techs - we need your perspective!  (Read 1353 times)

Offline HHTOForsker

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Hi, I’m a researcher studying outage work in nuclear power plants for the OECD/NEA Halden Human-Technology-Organization Project (https://ife.no/en/project/halden-hto/).

I am looking for contractor and house techs who do outage work to participate in a study about what influences the ability to perform well (safely, correctly) in this unique work environment. Much of our knowledge in this area is not based on input from outage workers themselves, so we are looking to correct this.

Participation in the study would involve taking part in a 90-minute focus group (a collective interview with 6-8 participants), which would be held online in October-November this year. I am looking for 16-24 participants in total, split into 3-4 focus groups.

Focus group participants will be paid $150 as a thank you for your time and contribution. We can also pay a “finder’s fee” to people who help us recruit participants for the study.

Send me a pm if you want to talk more about this opportunity. If you believe you can recruit participants for the study, let me know and we can agree on the number of recruits and the financial terms beforehand.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Contractor and house techs - we need your perspective!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2022, 05:21 »
in October-November this year.

October-November is Fall outage season, Contractors are working 13 hour days, 7 days a week.  You would have better luck if you could do it in December.

Offline HHTOForsker

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2022, 02:34 »
Thanks for that feedback! Desember is also an option. We can also arrange 1-1 interviews to accommodate individual schedules. Really hope to hear from some of you!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2022, 03:29 »
Thanks for that feedback! Desember is also an option. We can also arrange 1-1 interviews to accommodate individual schedules. Really hope to hear from some of you!!

"Desember is also an option."

Perhaps Octsober/ Nomember will work for some.

HHTOForsker curmudgeons abound on Nukeworker, guilty myself at times, but so does a great source of knowledge/experiences. Sometimes one and the same.

[coffee]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2022, 06:37 »
Curmudgeon - a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man. The cube root of 2.62 e+5 aint that old really. Dont wrestle with idiots....Dont argue with pigs.

Hmmmm... not really arguing, included myself in that category and mentioned that the curmugeons were a good source of information. Was a general comment but when you throw a rock in a pig pen it's the one you hit that squeals.

[devious]  [whistle]

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2022, 06:38 by Marlin »

Offline Blacksnake66

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2022, 11:27 »
I might be interested and available.
Could be interesting.
I've been in nuclear since the late 80's and contracting on and off since 2001.

Offline Blacksnake66

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2022, 11:29 »
I've been inhouse too- maintenance, operations and support.
As well as the contracting.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2022, 12:20 »
I just got off the Teams meeting with their interviewer. Great guy. Glad I did it.

They still need more contract workers' opinions, so...if any rent-a-techs that have worked a commercial outage in past 12 months have time...give them a hand? (And make $150 for...72 minutes chatting, in my case! ;) )

Tell them UncaBuffalo sent you! :)
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2022, 12:21 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline HHTOForsker

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2022, 04:12 »
Thanks, UncaBuffalo!

Just a note to say that we decided to go with 1-1 interviews, as we realized quickly that group interviews would be too difficult to coordinate with people working different schedules in different time zones. (We're learning as we go!)

We have a few more interviews lined up, but are still looking for many more people to join us and share their experiences about what influences the ability to make good decisions and perform well in outage work. Please consider taking the time to talk with us - your first-hand perspective is very much needed! Know that we take your personal data privacy very seriously. It will not be possible to identify specific people, plants, or outage service providers in any report or presentation of findings coming from this work.

Interviews can be schedule these at your convenience, through December. Send me a pm if you're interested, and I'll reply with more information about the study.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2022, 09:52 »
Money was a bit slow arriving (dealing with government entity), but...in the account now. Thanks!

They still may be looking for more rent-a-techs to participate? ...if any contractor is bored & wants an easy $150?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2022, 07:54 »
Since it was NukeWorker that got me the free $150, I used 65 of it to renew my Gold Membership. Thanks, NukeWorker.com!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2022, 06:21 »
Since it was NukeWorker that got me the free $150, I used 65 of it to renew my Gold Membership. Thanks, NukeWorker.com!

Thanks!

Offline HHTOForsker

• Very Lite User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2023, 03:56 »
We are looking for another 4-5 people to interview on the topic of safety in outage work for an activity in the OECD-NEA Halden HTO project. It would involve taking part in a 60-90-minute interview, held in Teams. Interviewees anonymity and personal data confidentiality is guaranteed. As before, we can pay $150 as a thank you for your time and contribution. If you're interested, please send me a message here in the forum. Thank you!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?