Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Report links U-235 found in Ohio home to Portsmouth honeypot

Author Topic: Report links U-235 found in Ohio home to Portsmouth  (Read 278 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Report links U-235 found in Ohio home to Portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2022, 03:37 »
More suspect journalism and shaky scientific reporting from U-Northern Arizona. "by a factor of 3.4 over normal background for U-235."  Fun with numbers and confusing those who don't understand how miniscule and within the expected range this is.  More people looking to get rich off the deep pockets of the US government.  Chances that the wind blew in that direction towards Lucasville: unlikely.  Potential mention of a PORTS worker previously living in the home: avoided by the author.   A lot of bad scheming people down there.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2022, 10:52 »
An increase by a factor of 3.4 is significant. For example: 1E-15uci/cc X 3.4 = 3.4E-15uci/cc. Sans scientific notation = .0000000000000034uci/cc. Add in +/- 20% and start mobilizing FEMA personnel.

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2022, 08:53 »
If we take a high WAG that the background U235 is .1 pCi/g in soil in southern OH (of course not mentioned in the article) and then multiply that by 3.4 = 0.34 pCi/g.  A DCGL is likely at least 5 pCi/g.  It's still a lot of nothing.  If the litigants want to chase remnant coal dust up and down the Norfolk Southern line that runs through Portsmouth, past Lucasville and all the way up to Columbus, I'm sure they can find more homes to claim. The open car- black billowing clouds were an amazing daily occurrence.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2022, 11:17 by Mounder »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2022, 12:13 »
If we take a high WAG that the background U235 is .1 pCi/g in soil in southern OH (of course not mentioned in the article) and then multiply that by 3.4 = 0.34 pCi/g.  A DCGL is likely at least 5 pCi/g.  It's still a lot of nothing.  If the litigants want to chase remnant coal dust up and down the Norfolk Southern line that runs through Portsmouth, past Lucasville and all the way up to Columbus, I'm sure they can find more homes to claim. The open car- black billowing clouds were an amazing daily occurrence.
👏👏👏
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?