Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu ORNL-developed AR tool will help workers “see” radiation  

Author Topic: ORNL-developed AR tool will help workers “see” radiation  (Read 64 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
This article made me think back to my early years in the business. Did surveys with sailor proof radiacs in the Nav (70s). Seems the term radiac itself is dated as my spell checker does not recognize it. My first commercial plant used PIC 6s better known as a door stop, it did not do well in the cold not a good thing at Vermont Yankee in the winter (78). I had to put it inside my coat to warm it up when doing shipping surveys, it went to zero while dosing a 1/Rem drum. I hated the new digitals as the audible on some of them was not driven off of the detector. Scan surveys with them were a pain in the butt as the audible peaked after you passed over a hot spot.

OK my little nostalgic journey is over good article would love to play with one of these.  8)

ORNL-developed AR tool will help workers “see” radiation

https://www.ans.org/news/article-4976/ornldeveloped-ar-tool-will-help-workers-see-radiation/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?