Career Path > Resume & Interview

TVA Interview

(1/1)

TylerDurden:
Hi, I am new to the forum and I have a few questions related to the hiring process and such. I have done some limited research within the forum already but it seems as if most of the stuff related towards the TVA at least, is dated.

I have an upcoming interview for a SGPO and I've read that the STAR method is used during the interview. Is that still true to this day or should I possibly brush up on system knowledge or anything else?

This next question seems silly asking, but info online sort of contradicts itself or I am looking too far into the wording. On the TVA website it claims that an individual is hired in as a SGPO and once he/she completes a 12-18 month training period, they will be moved into an Assistant Unit Operator position. The same article also says that the training is for "A" nuclear power plant. Like I said, seems silly they'd hire someone and train them for that long, only to send them elsewhere, I just want to make sure.

Going off that last question, in TVA terms is an Assistant Unit operator = Reactor Operator ?

Last Question, is anyone familiar with how many SGPOs usually come from a hiring group or does it typically vary?

I am more or less hoping to find some interview tips and a better understand of what I am going into. Any help or knowledge about anything related is greatly appreciated.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: TylerDurden on Jul 14, 2023, 11:17 ---Hi, I am new to the forum and I have a few questions related to the hiring process and such. I have done some limited research within the forum already but it seems as if most of the stuff related towards the TVA at least, is dated.

I have an upcoming interview for a SGPO and I've read that the STAR method is used during the interview. Is that still true to this day or should I possibly brush up on system knowledge or anything else?

This next question seems silly asking, but info online sort of contradicts itself or I am looking too far into the wording. On the TVA website it claims that an individual is hired in as a SGPO and once he/she completes a 12-18 month training period, they will be moved into an Assistant Unit Operator position. The same article also says that the training is for "A" nuclear power plant. Like I said, seems silly they'd hire someone and train them for that long, only to send them elsewhere, I just want to make sure.

Going off that last question, in TVA terms is an Assistant Unit operator = Reactor Operator ?

Last Question, is anyone familiar with how many SGPOs usually come from a hiring group or does it typically vary?

I am more or less hoping to find some interview tips and a better understand of what I am going into. Any help or knowledge about anything related is greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

You may be able to get some of these answers directly from the TVA HR department.

TylerDurden:
Yeah, probably. I figured if no one replied on here, those would be some questions for the interview.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version