Facility & Company Information > Saxton

Saxton

(1/4) > >>

oldradman:
HELLO MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS,

Can any 1 give me some heads up on Saxton site in Pa.? Like whats going on there as far as work, and the job is it long term there. I know Bartlett has contrac, but curious about the site.
Thank you, and  HAPPY NEW YEAR ;D     TO ALL

SloGlo:
last news i heard about  i posted on nuke news vol2..... re:contracts, depends on what you're wanting to do. 

WIFEY26525:
I LEFT THERE ALITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO. I CAN SAY THE TECHS WERE GOOD PEOPLE, THE AREA WAS SECLUDED BUT NICE, THE WORK WAS DIFFERENT BUT ENJOYABLE AND THE SUPERVISION WAS MOSTLY GOOD. BUT,,,,, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND FEELINGS,,,,,, NOT TO BE TAKEN AS GOSPEL TRUTH.......
 BEWARE, MANAGEMENT  GAVE ME THE OL' "YOU ARE COMMITING FOR 8 MONTHS, YOU GIVE YOUR WORD YOU WILL STAY" SPEECH, UNFORTUNATELY THE MANAGEMENT DEMANDS YOU STAND BY YOUR WORD WHILE THEY DON'T GIVE THE SLIGHTEST THOUGHT TO GOING BACK ON THEIRS. THEY LAID EVERYBODY OF  AFTER 1 MONTH !!!! MANAGEMENT WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANY WARNING EITHER. NO REMORSE, NO "WE'RE SORRY ABOUT THIS", THEY CARE LESS ABOUT THE WORKERS THAN A SERIAL KILLER CARES ABOUT HIS VICTIMS.
MIKE WILLIAMS WAS THE BEST, (GPU MANAGER) , HONEST, AND CARES. IF YOU COME ACROSS A RAD ENGINEER NAMED ******, BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!.
IN MY OPINION HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED !!!!!

Roll Tide:
This is not a bashing session, it is for general discussion about the site. Play nice.

curry703:
I'm considering a purchase of property within 5 miles of the Saxton, PA reactor site and have come across some information regarding 4 instances of unexpected radiation releases from the plant in 1970 and 1971.  I also have found that a study in 1976 was conducted of leukemia occurrences within a 5 mile radius of Saxton and the results showed 19 occurences out of 4000 sampled, which is six times the expected rate.  The state Health Department though, dismissed the findings, saying the methodology was suspect and the sample too small.

The question I have is how would I go about finding out if the Saxton, PA area is clean of radiation?  I know very little about nuclear power. However, I believe that released radiation could contaminate an area for a century or more.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version