Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility

Author Topic: Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility  (Read 23047 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility
« on: Mar 30, 2005, 10:08 »
I have only been home this time around for a mere week, but the sun is shinning, the air is warm and SURF'S UP. Being raised on the gulf coast of Florida it doesnt' take me long to yearn for water when the weather turns warm. Give me a gentle breeze, some calm water and I'm in heaven.

What's the best place to have some fun in the sun near a nuclear facility?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2005, 08:37 »
I am across the state from you at St. Lucie. I just moved into a fifth floor condo on the ocean. Crashing surf puts me to sleep at night and greets me with a spectacular sunrise every morning. Life is good.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

radgal

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:57 »
Long Beach Island near Oyster Creek!  I'm partial to the area since I grew up there.   Been to Oak Island in NC near Brunswick and that was pretty sweet too.  Never work in FL so can't say but.... go LBI!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2005, 10:00 »
Silver Beach in St Joe Michigan by Dc Cook

San Onofre Beach by San Onofre

Gots to be my favorites!
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

jakester

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2005, 05:50 »
Silver Beach in St Joe Michigan by Dc Cook

Yes, and anywhere else on lake Michigan. Point Beach, and Kewaunee also.

halflifer

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2005, 06:56 »
the eastern shore of Lake Ontario has 3 excellent state parks/beaches (Selkirk Shores, Southwick's Beach, Wescott's Beach). Southwick's is my favorite adjacent to a wildlife refuge and having a dune line reminding me of Cape Cod.

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2005, 06:56 »
Has to be San Clemente at SONGS, at least it is on the real ocean, and one can surf there too, can't do that on the Lakes. 
Live Aloha

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2005, 08:29 »
I would have to cast my vote for Hutchinson Island. It makes you want to have days off when working St. Lucie!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Doc_REM

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2005, 11:20 »
Let's see...Oak Island, N.C., Long Beach Island, N.J., Sand Clementi, Calif., Hutchingson Island, Fl.,......YES! Crystal River, Fl!!!!!!!!!! 8) 

LaFeet

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2006, 07:16 »
Okay, having grown up at Panama City Beach... I would have to say the best beach near a nuke plant is the one near Angra Nuclear Power Plant on the Praia de Itaorna in Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Nuff said

RADBASTARD

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2006, 07:02 »
I have to agree about the beach in brazil at the ANGRA PLANT.
Your hotel by the plant you can walk out the front door 10' in front of you is the beach.You have ANGRA DOS REIS up the road 40 minutes where you can catch a boat and go to 1 of 365 islands.

Then do I have to say anything about the beach's in RIO,you have copacabana,impanema,leblon,buzio's,and barra de tejuica.

I love it where people say oh you don't want to work down there because you live on a compound.
Yeah right that's because they don't want you to go down there and take their jobs.
It's a gated community with house's,movies,clubs,restraunts,and supermarket for all the employees.Theirs also a 18 hole golf course 20 mins. up the road at the  5 star hotel do frade, hey you don't want to work there?

hamsamich likes pilgram because it's close to p-town
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 01:12 by RadBastard »

shovelheadred

« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2006, 04:06 »
...........hey ,,YA bastard...dont tell the gringo's about PARADISE..they know nothing about IPANEMA...or BUZIOS,,or the strip in RIO where anything goes,,my brother has condos in Cabo Frio for rent...cheap in the summer..talked with a Framatome Germany fellow...cant say for sure that Framatome has it...SGT maybe....Man camps,,,Romo,,man camps,,no TV, no phone,, a 10X10 room and a single light bulb,,thats Angra,,remember

RADBASTARD

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:18 »
SHOVELHEADED - Oh' yeah that's right there is only a bunch of hot sweaty men there I forgot.
Out HOUSES everywhere!,little pay,no women,NO PHONES,and it's 8X8 tents.
Rio sux it's all transvastites!
It was like being on suvivor .
Nobody should go it's bug infested and you can't leave because of the canibals from the amazon will eat you.
Hamsamich will be there for sure.

Hey HAMSAMICH kinda sounds like being in the navy.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 06:25 by RadBastard »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:43 »
Tom, you could always go to pilgrim!  P-town is near there and I know how much you like it there!  And there are nice beaches nearby.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:36 »
songs 'n the beach in front of the exposed turbine deck at u1 will always be a most favorite memory.  so will oconee  'n lake hartwell, keowee (i fergit which, maybe both).  then again, there's besse 'n lake erie's western basin.  i narrowed it down to three, 'n that ain't two bad.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:32 »
Lake Keowee or Hartwell at Oconee.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline AMU

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2006, 06:54 »
I will cast a vote for any beach along Lake Michigan, the entire sunset coast, in particular, Silver Beach. 

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2006, 02:32 »
Hallock Landing near Shoreham Power Plant on Long Island ... for personal reasons. We decommissioned the plant but the beach lives on and will always be my favorite. I watched a meteor shower from the bluff above the beach one night many, many years ago and it was unbeleivable.

vikingfan

« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2006, 09:00 »
I'll cast my vote for the beach at san clemente near songs, and also have to give a vote to lake erie western basin area home to put-n- bay near davis besse and cedar point and last but not least is oak island,nc near brunswick.

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2006, 10:42 »
Kamaole Beach Park, just up the road from Maui Yankee...
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

nukewood

« Reply #20 on: Nov 25, 2006, 12:17 »
In the early 80's my wife and kids would pick me up from nightshift at Cook with a blanket so that they could play at the beach at Warren Dunes. Pleasant memories watching the hang gliders soar .

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2006, 03:06 »
We had the best volleyball games at SONGS...

...but the combination of volleyball, kayaking, and bonfires (including Connie doing Sand-Angels...and Mike Sand-Surfin') will make me give my vote to Diablo Canyon.

:)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

alphadude

« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2006, 09:26 »
Jocassee near ONS

Offline nickthestick

• Light User
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game!!
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2006, 10:59 »
1- Long Beach, Plymouth Ma
2-Silver Beach, St Joe, Mi
3-Long Beach Island, NJ

irishfan

« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 2006, 02:24 »
Silver Beach in St Joe Mi by D.C. Cook is the best family beach out there.  But, we do have some really beautiful beach area up here in Charlevoix even with Big Rock gone now.  Depot beach is nice... a little small but, a nice beach.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?