Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility

Author Topic: Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility  (Read 23053 times)

stownsend

Re: Best Beach/Lake Near a Nuclear Facility
« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2006, 03:15 »
Shinnecock in South Hampton is one of the best I have ever been on. With a 4 wheel drive permit you park as close as you dare with the incoming tides. You can also tow your campers right on the beach. You have to air down the tires to ~15psi but they have compressors as you get off the dunes.Some of the best stripper fishing around for surfcasting.Shoreham used to be here but I think Brookhaven Lab counts.

illegalsmile

« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2006, 06:12 »
Shinnecock in South Hampton ......Some of the best stripper fishing around for
Steve, Strippers or stripers? Who cares? I'll go either way  ;)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:17 »
Lake Granbury near Comanche Peak.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2007, 06:52 »
I still got to say RIO still hands down.
Then south beach close to turkey

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2007, 08:09 »
I concur, South Beach at PTP.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

LaFeet

« Reply #30 on: Apr 15, 2007, 02:09 »
Funny how Crystal River does'nt make the cut :o

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #31 on: Apr 15, 2007, 12:05 »
gotta say Diablo Canyon.  3 beaches, one clothing optional if you dare ;D.  Clamming, horseback riding, atvs, dirve on beach.  Plus beautiful sunsets.
It is what it is!

Evilpixie

« Reply #32 on: Apr 17, 2007, 03:22 »
gotta say Diablo Canyon.  3 beaches, one clothing optional if you dare ;D.  Clamming, horseback riding, atvs, dirve on beach.  Plus beautiful sunsets.

I see the ocean every time I'm at my desk... gotta agree, it really is beautiful! 

There are also four lakes near by for fishing, boating, windsurfing, wakeboarding, etc.  And we don't get alot of weather, either.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?