Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu News section Rules and Guidelines, READ THIS BEFORE POSTING.  

Author Topic: News section Rules and Guidelines, READ THIS BEFORE POSTING.  (Read 21510 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
We recommend that you avoid reposting news articles in their entirety on NukeWorker.com as it is illegal to do so on a public system such as ours.

Instead, we recommend that you summarize, quote, discuss and link to the original article.

The moderators should delete (or modify if possible) any news posting that does not conform to these rules (Including anything I post, if I break the rules).
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2016, 11:22 by Nuclear NASCAR »

shayne

Didn't know that.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Here is a link to Fair Use of news paper articles.

http://blogs.onenw.org/onelist/001833.html

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
hoooeeee!  'n hear i thought i wuz saving yinz bandwidth, 'n it turns out i wuz saveen a hole lot moor!
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
What about press releases from a utility? This example seems like a good thing.....

We've heard other rumors in addition to the below.  I don't want to print any rumors here.  I'm sure we'll get the full story soon.

NMC UPDATE

NRC team sent to Palisades following containment incident

April 20, 2006

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
So how would "they" know if you post a big chunk without permission?

A young company called Attributor says it has an answer, and a number of big publishers of copyrighted material say Attributor just might be right.

The company has developed software that identifies an electronic “fingerprint” for a particular piece of material — an article, a picture, a video. Then it hunts down any place across the Web where a significant chunk of that work has been copied, with or without permission.

The Associated Press and Reuters, each of which publishes thousands of pieces of material each day, are among the company’s clients, and a number of large magazines and newspapers have been in talks with Attributor. Executives at both wire services said they were still adapting the software to their needs and deciding how to respond to its findings, but they do not doubt it will have some long-term value.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/05/business/media/05paper.html?ex=1351918800&en=cf96f807c2a54d64&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Short clips (quotes, as they called them back in the day) are okay. Summations are okay. Links are good (and usually allows posting of a larger clip without complaint).
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?