Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mark Rea

Author Topic: Mark Rea  (Read 4502 times)

raymcginnis

Mark Rea
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:42 »
I worked with Mark Rea in the 1980s at San Onofe.  I could easily talk with with him on topics of life and nuclear science.  He was a kind friend and was very humorous and very intelligent.  This is a tragic loss at such a young age (53).

Below is a paste of his obituary.

If anyone knows about how he died, many of his oldtime HP friends, all over the country would like to know.  It does not say.

Obituaries - 4/26/2005

By: The North County Times -

Mark Daniel Rea

Mark Daniel Rea of Carlsbad died April 22, 2005. Born June 7, 1952, in Austin, Texas, Mark was an active, adventurous person who lived life to the fullest.

Growing up in Northridge, Calif., Mark played Little League, Pony League and Colt League. He was a stellar second baseman at Granada Hills High School. Mark's strong interest in baseball continued all his life. He was an avid reader, skier, surfer, traveler, cyclist and an excellent conversationalist. Mark received his bachelor of arts at UCLA and his master of arts at USC, majoring in psychology.

For 20 years, Mark worked at San Onofre Nuclear Plant as a health physicist.

Mark is survived by his parents, George H. Rea PhD. and Polly Holsted Rea; brother Greg of Elk Grove; brother Blake and wife Wendy of Yorba Linda; nieces Courtney and Katelyn; stepson Adam Bruck and ex-wife Karen Newton of Carlsbad.

Many relatives in Arkansas and good friends in Carlsbad will miss Mark very much.

A "Memories of Mark" memorial will be held at Eternal Hills on Wednesday, April 27, at 1 p.m.

Private burial is in Westlake Village at Pierce Memorial Park on Thursday, April 28, at 1 p.m.

jsarge_99

Re: Mark Rea
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 05:21 »
I share those fond memories of Mark.  He was a good friend and a (generally) peaceful soul.  Sure am sorry to hear of his passing  :'(

Offline Lamont

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Mark Rea
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 06:40 »
This is terrible news for me.
I was an 18 year old kid in 1989 at San Onofre and I learned many things from Mark in the business as well as in life. He would often keep me awake working nights and I remember having countless talks with him about marriage, kids and sports. He was a guy I could count on to give me good advice and comfort being an 18 year old kid alone in Cali. Mark will always be a big part of me being who I am today.

My thoughts are with his family.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?