Facility & Company Information > Sandia National Lab

Sandia

<< < (2/3) > >>

Last Call:
Halflifer, Good Catch!     ;)

ST, I couldn't agree with you more, especially the Advertisement.  I think that actually and factually sums up what the site is looking for!  In today’s world, it's not what you’re selling, but how you selling it!  In all fairness to the contract companies, they have little influence in the daily operation of their staff, especially Field Technicians.  These companies simply bring perspective employees to the site and the primary contractor management team, runs them through their secret testing program to see if they are worthy!  From the first day on site, everyone has to realize they are being measured and scrutinized, constantly!  It is not what a Technician is capable of, but what they are perceived as being capable of!  Technicians do not have a title of Nobelity, therefore the management team believes they are incapable of abstract thinking or proffessional decision power!  Remember that and you can have some fun!

Actually I am not going after Sandia, just stating the truth, the real deal!  I had the privelage of working with some great people at the site, some still there, some not!  Time will tell!

In any case, Good Luck!     

LaFeet:
Sandia may not be a place for advancement, but there are opportunities which you may not get exposed to elsewhere.  I went there after the Navy and was immediately exposed to RGDs, XRay photography, Micro and Nano electronics, hyper velocity projectiles, explosives and others I still can not talk about.

All this and the mundane RCT work tossed in.  If you do go there, work hard and study.  You may get hired as a site tech.

Also,  tell Gail Cotts I said hello.....

LaFeet:
There is a huge selection of greasy spoons here.

The Albuquerque Grill has just about the biggest burrito that I have ever seen.. and it tastes great.

Michelles (which I think may now be gone) offers superb mediterrenean and german meals and a robust selection of wines.

The Great American Cattle and Land Company has excellent steaks and deserts...

I could go on forever.....

Imaginos:
For superb local flavor, there's Gardunyo's (spelled phonetically as I can't find a tilde...); if yer just passing through there's the Owl Cafe near I40/Eubank. The Hacienda in Old Town revives wonderful memories going back to the '60's...

housedude:
Hmm, Perria's on Central a little East of San Mateo. Super fast and the best darn haskbrowns in the SW.
 :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version