Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sandra Dagata
honeypot

Author Topic: Sandra Dagata  (Read 23866 times)

dsass

Sandra Dagata
« on: Jun 21, 2005, 12:32 »
For those of you who knew her, and those who didn't: Sandra Dagata was diving in CT with her boyfriend yesterday, June 20th, 2005, and didn't come back up to the surface. The CoastGuard has been looking for her, and as of this time today have not been able to locate her.  Sandy was a great tech, and a super friend.  She has 2 daughters that will be sadly missing their mom if she is not found.  I am asking everyone who reads this to say a prayer for her and her family, that maybe she will still be found floating somewhere in the ocean waiting to be saved.  We won't loose hope until there is none.  Sandy, our prayers and love are with you where ever you are.  :(
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2005, 08:59 by dsass »

dymaris

Re: Sandra Dagata
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2005, 08:17 »
I've worked with Sandy at VY and Millstone. She is an awesome tech, and a wonderful friend. I've called her home, but still no word. My prayers are with her girls and  her boyfriend. Please keep us all posted of any details you may have.....D
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2005, 04:06 by HydroDave63 »

Radeng

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2005, 05:06 »
 I have known Sandy for years, we worked in Maine, Millstone, Cy, Seabrook and she is such a great person.
my prayers are in hope that she is found.

lowlrc

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2005, 09:52 »
I can't believe this. What sad news. Sandy my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  . R.I.P FRIEND :'(
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2005, 03:19 by lowlrc »

radgal

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2005, 11:11 »
My prayers go to her family

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2005, 11:20 »
I can tell you that Henry and I were greatly upset over reading this. I had not seen Sandy in years, but he recently worked with her. It was with a heavy heart that we read this sad news. Our prayers go out to all of her family and friends.

dymaris

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2005, 12:28 »
Tuesday night the rescue mission was changed to a recovery mission by the U.S. Coast Guard. "THE DAY" newspaper(New London, CT) carried a story in today's paper with complete details. Sandy was a dear friend and loved by all. I will miss her....Millstone nor VY will never be the same without her....God bless her and her family.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2005, 02:31 »

diliigaf

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2005, 03:23 »
 :'(

It's hard to believe, I was told shortly after this accident happened, Sandy was a great person. I've been lucky to know her for over 20 years...This really hurts, I knew her boyfriend as well, a real stand up man...PLEASE anyone else that may know him DO NOT put his name here.... He is devastated and really hurting, so let's respect his privacy... Sandy I'll miss you R.I.P.
     You'll be missed by MANY...

pmays

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:44 »
I am writing this with a heavy heart. Sandy and I worked together for 2 years straight as the only contractor techs on nights at Millstone 2. A great tech you could depend on and always had a smile even when she was going through some tough times. I am praying for a miracle and my heart goes out to her girls, family and boyfriend.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2005, 09:27 »
I worked with Sandy off and on for the last 15 years,She is a great friend and a great person.I trully hope everything turns out good,if not god bless her and her family.She will be greatly missed by all who know her.
Call Before You Dig!

radrat

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2005, 11:14 »
I had the pleasure of working with her at Millstone on a number or occasions and she allways had a smile on, god bless her and her family .

dove1234

« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2005, 01:03 »
My Friends and Colleagues,
We have lost one of our most competent, cheerful and uplifting technicians. Sandy exuded a positive outlook on life, she worked hard so she could play hard. She spoke often of her daughters, and her partner. I know they brought her great joy, as did her love for recreational sports. I've had the oppurtunity to have worked with her up and down the eastern seaboard. As a tech you never had to worry she'd be there to relieve you on time or early, usually early. I'll miss her bright smile and cheerful laughter. My Prayers for her children, her partner, her family .
~danny dove
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2005, 01:13 by HydroDave63 »

RADBASTARD

« Reply #13 on: Jun 23, 2005, 09:54 »
I am so saddened and with a heavy heart to here this news.I worked with sandy many times at millstone and on the east coast.She was a good friend and a great tech.My heart goes out to her family.
I pray for her safe return ,miracles do happen.

GOD BLESS HER AND HER FAMILY
RADBASTARD
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2005, 07:54 by RadBastard »

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #14 on: Jun 25, 2005, 03:05 »
 I Just worked with Sandy at millstone and CY!

Hard to believe she's gone! :'( We are all praying for some Miracle but if not: Go with God Sandy!!! You will be missed!
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Industry_event

« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2005, 08:08 »
I worked with Sandra at IP in the CAN. Her spirit would fill the room. She was a great person. She was the kind of person when you meet, you want to be more like. Sandra you will be missed but your spirit will live on in each one of us that knew you. My prayers go out to the family. Rome

Offline Everett Chretien, STS

• Nuclear Nomad
  • Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2005, 11:25 »
I enjoyed the times I have been able to work with her at VY.  She was a wonderful person to know.  Your smile will be missed.  :'(
Isn't life just grand?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2005, 11:07 »
I miss Sandy -
I'm sittin here doing the refuel floor ALARA package, and most of the good surveys I'm referring to are hers- always detailed, always got the right info, always reliable.
She was always the same, no matter how crazy the job got, a smile for everyone, never bagged you with a surprise.
Great tech to work with.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

swtp

« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2005, 01:44 »
it is so hard to believe sandy is not with us...she emailed me a few before saying the boat was almost ready to go

Prays go out to her family and partner.  She will be missed..

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2005, 08:24 by swtp »

lowlrc

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2005, 01:20 »
They found Sandy's body today.. Thank God they found her
http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s050630.html

Daughter

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2005, 02:14 »
Hi everyone..this is one of Sandys daughters. I was looking for news updates on my Mom, and i found this site. Thank you for all the wonderful replys. My mom was loved by everyone, and was the life of the party. Thsi tragic event happening was the hardest thing i went threw in my whole life, but it gave me the ability to be stronger, and to go above of all to do my best at everything. The last thing i would want is for my mom to know that me not suceeding in life was her fault...so now i am going to try extra hard at everything, to impress her, just like she was here. My mom will always be with all of us. On Thursday June 23, i had a talent show at school. It was my last day, and my mom was gonna come watch me. I didnt want to go to school after everything that happened, i didnt think i could, but i thought of my mom being there, watching me. In the song we sang, i had to do a very high note that i had never hit before, and i was relaly nervous about it. When i got up on stage, i had butterflys and started out a little shakey. Then, it came to the high note...and i hit it perfectly. It was my mom. She gave me the power to help me, and she will be there doing stuff like that for all of us. I love you Mommy. Rest in peace.

-Daughter13

hatched

« Reply #21 on: Jun 30, 2005, 02:54 »
 :-X Sandy was great.  I always looked forward to working with her inside at CY.  She had such a positive beat going on.  I also worked with her at VY.  I just can't believe that she is no longer with us.  One thing for sure though, she will always be with us in spirit.  God Bless You Sandy and your family. 

italianhpt

« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2005, 09:35 »
I remember working with Sandy at VY, CY, and millstone and i must say it was always a pleasure. She always seemed to make the best of everything. Very full of life and easy going, always lighting up the moment. God bless you sandy and your family.   
                                                                                     DGB

garycom

« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2005, 09:46 »
Wow, what a shock. I only worked with Sandy a little bit at VY, but she impressed me as a class A RP Tech, and more importantly, as a person. She definitely had a love for life and her kids. My prayers are with her family and loved ones.

alphadude

« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2005, 08:35 »
Daughter13
You are one brave soul. She is with you always remember that, dont be afraid to ask her for help, she will make it happen.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?